- Fantastic beachfront location with gulf views from private balconies
- Two spacious pools, one with a waterfall and tall palm trees
- Comfortable, tropical-inspired rooms with free Wi-Fi and mini-fridges
- Plentiful amenities including bars, restaurants, and a nightclub
- Organized children's activities, volleyball courts, and tennis courts
- Sunny but small fitness center with cardio machines and weights
- All cabana rooms and condos offer private patios or balconies
- Fun, entertaining touches like squawking macaws in the lobby
- Some complaints about a spread out floor plan that is difficult to navigate
- Pricey beach umbrella service
- Limited hours at poolside bar
- Some tube TVs in condo bedrooms
- Beds with old, dated comforters
Oyster Hotel Photos
Oyster Hotel Review
A relaxed scene with tropical decor
The decor of the Isla Grand Beach Resort is relaxed and beach-y. The lobby is full of old-fashioned tropical ceiling fans, colorful macaws, wicker furniture, and lots of tropical plants. Guests can relax by one of the two pools or out on the beach, but the hotel also offers plenty of entertainment. The lively Quarterdeck Bar features live music on most nights. For a more casual evening, Windjammer's Beach Cafe offers a pleasant dining rooms with views of the pool and palm trees. There is also a laid-back poolside bar that has a small area of tables and chairs. Hammocks are hung between palm trees, providing even more shady places for a relaxing afternoon.
On the southern end of the hotel sprawl beside a quiet stretch of beach
The Isla Grand’s location on the southern end of the island makes it feel somewhat quieter than hotels in the middle of the hotel sprawl. The resort is virtually self-contained, providing a feeling of privacy. The resort is close to local restaurants and attractions, but a car is required to reach them with ease.
- 63-minute-drive to Rio Grande Valley International Airport
- 5-minute-drive to Schlitterbahn Beach Waterpark
- 8-minute-drive to Port Isabel Lighthouse & Museum
- 10-minute-drive to South Padre Island Birding & Nature Center
- 10-minute-drive to Sea Turtle, Inc.
- 10-minute-drive to Andy Bowie County Park
- 10-minute-drive to South Padre Island Convention Center
- 45-minute-drive to Laguna Atascosa National Wildlife Refuge
Rooms are tropical-inspired but starting to feel tired
Rooms at the Isla Grand Beach Resort are spacious and comfortable, but somewhat outdated. The biggest complaint is about old, dated comforters on the beds, although couches could use an update too. There are nice touches in the rooms, such as marble countertops in the wet bar and the bathroom, although a microwave and coffeemaker are strangely absent. Additional room perks include free Wi-Fi, mini-fridges, and 32-inch flat-screen TVs -- although some rooms still have old tube TVs. Guests can adjust the firmness of the beds. A highlight of all rooms is a private patio or balcony with chairs and views of the Gulf of Mexico; the best views are from the condos. Guests can choose between cabanas or multi-bedroom condos for more space.
- Bathrooms with marble countertops
- Beds with adjustable firmness settings
- 32-inch flat-screen TVs (though some condos have old tube TVs in the bedroom)
- Wet bar with marble countertops and mini-fridges in the cabanas
- No microwave or coffeemaker in cabanas
- King Cabanas have walk-in showers.
- Condos can vary widely in quality and freshness. But they are more spacious and have full kitchens.
- Condos provide the best views at the Isla Grand.
Rooms and Rates
Two sprawling pools, a nightclub, and small fitness center
The Isla Grand offers all the amenities and entertainment of a true resort. In addition to two pools, there is also a nightclub, bars, restaurants, and organized kids activities. Families might appreciate extra entertainment such as volleyball courts and tennis courts, while anyone traveling on business can take advantage of the free business center.
A good lobby restaurant and bar, seasonal poolside service, and many restaurant options nearby
The Isla Grand Beach Resort has many options for food and drink, and is also close to outside options in South Padre Island.
- Windjammer’s Beachfront Cafe serves breakfast, lunch, and dinner, and has indoor or outdoor seating.
- Quarterdeck Bar has live music most nights and a cool lounge atmosphere.
- Coffee Hut (in the lobby) serves Starbucks coffee.
- Poolside Grill (seasonal) serves light fare.
- Whiskey Shack Poolside Bar (seasonal) serves cocktails in a fun outdoor atmosphere.
- Room service is available.
- Several good restaurants nearby
Supervised Kids Activities
|Things to Do||
Located on the Beach
Separate Bedroom / Living Room Space
|Address||500 Padre Blvd, Texas Gulf Coast 78597, United States|
|Phone||1 (956) 761-6511|