Cap Maison Resort & SpaSt. Lucia
- Spectacular location on an isolated bluff provides stunning views
- Beautiful rooms, suites, and villas with private balconies/terraces and high-design details
- Free lounge chairs and towel service at the beach
- 2 quiet and well-maintained pools
- Excellent restaurant and bar
- Extensive wine list with more than 1,500 labels
- Free Wi-Fi
Oyster Hotel Photos
- 154 Amenities
- 46 Beach
- 26 Courtyard Pool
- 55 Main Pool
- 102 Oceanview Junior Suite
- 247 Oceanview Villa with Pool & Terrace
Oyster Hotel Review
A romantic and sophisticated Mediterranean-influenced resort ideal for couples in search a quiet getaway
Just shy of the northernmost tip of the island, Cap Maison unfolds as a quaint Mediterranean-style village, fronted by an ornate wrought iron fence and crowned by an Italianate water fountain in the middle of a circular drive paved with Spanish tiles. Throughout the grounds, whitewashed stucco buildings are organized into small enclaves -- calling to mind a neighborhood of villas -- overflowing with stunning cliff-top views, blossoming hibiscus, and lush tropical greenery.
The quiet lobby sets the scene for the rest of the resort: Wrought iron chandeliers and domed Spanish-tile ceilings exude an old world charm. In the plush library filled with heavy leather sofas and armchairs, an honor bar encourages guests to feel at home and serve themselves. Next door, Spa Maison pampers guests with outdoor bamboo-lined showers and a relaxation deck overlooking the quiet grounds.
Such a scene is surely best suited for couples in search of some alone time (after all, any resort featured on The Bachelor -- which this was! -- is bound to be at the pinnacle of romance). Guests with kids might find the property a bit too stuffy -- at the main pool , the only sounds are those of a trickling waterfall and the crashing waves below. Still, little ones are welcome, as evidenced by a kids’ menu at the Cliff at Cap restaurant and a handful a mini-sized life jackets at the water sports center on the beach. One gets that sense that splashing and screaming would be met with quite a few sideways glances though.
Well-traveled guests will likely compare the luxurious rooms at Cap Maison to something you’d find at a Four Seasons resort -- they feature Tempur Pedic mattresses, Egyptian cotton linens, Bose sound systems, Bodum French presses, and Acqua de Parma toiletries. Local flair can be found in hand-painted bathroom tiles and original artwork from St. Lucian artists. And those travelers who upgrade to a pool villa will find virtually no reason to leave their private oasis at all -- full kitchens, rooftop terraces, expansive balconies, and, of course, private plunge pools leave little to be desired.
Somewhat of a letdown is the beach , which doesn’t quite have the same air of exclusivity as the rest of the resort. Of course, all beaches in St Lucia are public domain. But this small crescent, accessible via a steep wooden staircase just outside of the resort’s gate feels rather abandoned, despite an on-site beach bar and a few water sports rentals.
In upscale Cap Estate, near the northernmost tip of the island
The northern side of St. Lucia is inherently the "lesser" side of the island, simply because there are no views of the iconic Pitons, and the majority of the tourist attractions are clustered around southern-located Soufriere. However, Cap Maison is one of the few resorts where the views are so stunning and the accommodations so luxurious, it’s hard to focus on what’s missing.
Set just beyond the black sand beaches of Smuggler’s Cove, the surrounding area known as Cap Estate has a private resort feel of its own. Nearby are the Jack Nicklaus-designed St. Lucia Country Club Golf Course, the well-known LeSport destination spa, the gorgeous Cas en Bas beach, and the historical Pigeon Island.
Of course, all of these destinations require a car or taxi, however, luckily, distances are shorter and road conditions are considerably better than on the southern side of the island. Those guests who hope to visit some of the south side’s stunning natural attractions (the volcano, the cocoa plantations, the Pitons) should consider hiring a car for a day -- the drive is roughly 90 minutes and night-time driving is not recommended for those unfamiliar with the roads, which are marked by hairpin turns, deep potholes, and virtually no lighting.
- 20-minute drive to George F. L. Charles Airport
- 90-minute drive to St. Lucia Hewanorra Airport
- 5-minute walk to Smuggler’s Cove (resort is located on a bluff just above the beach)
- 5-minute drive to St. Lucia Country Club golf course
- 5-minute drive to Cas en Bas Beach
- 7-minute drive to Rodney Bay Marina
- 10-minute drive to Pigeon Island
- 10-minute drive to nearest grocery store
- 12-minute drive to Reduit Beach’s restaurants, cafes, shops, and beaches
Beautifully designed rooms with a Mediterranean style and plenty of details that wow
Built in 2009, Cap Maison is one of the newest resorts in St. Lucia, featuring some of the most thoughtfully designed rooms on the island. Located within 22 villas (which are divided into 49 different units ranging from standard ocean- or garden-view rooms to sprawling three-bedroom villas with private pools and roof terraces), all of the rooms feature bold Mediterranean style with luxurious details like plush fainting couches, beautifully furnished balconies or terraces, and dark wood four-poster or sleigh beds.
High-end details also impress, from Acqua de Parma toiletries in the bathrooms, to Egyptian cotton sheets on the beds, to Bose iPod docks on the dresser. Bathrooms are especially impressive with their hand-painted tiles, huge showers, marble countertops, and elegant wrought iron fixtures. Not to be outdone by the interiors, the outdoor spaces are equally impressive, with French colonial-style patio furniture and lavish terraces filled with tons of lounge space in the villas.
- Rooms, suites, and private villas available -- all with outdoor space
- Gorgeous decor with beautiful Mediterranean-style details throughout
- Large bathrooms feature hand-painted Spanish-style tiles, Acqua de Parma toiletries, plush robes and slippers
- Some units have full kitchens; others have Bodum French presses, teakettles, Colombian coffee, and Bigelow tea packets
- Safe large enough to fit a laptop
- Furnished private balconies or terraces with partial or full ocean view
- Tempur Pedic mattresses with Egyptian cotton linens
- Central A/C and ceiling fans
- 32-inch or larger flat-screen TVs with DVD player
- Bose iPod docks
- Room service and evening in-room cocktail service
- Free Wi-Fi
- Villas feature full kitchens , and dining/living rooms; some have private pools.
- Some ground-floor units reserved for those with disabilities
Clifftop restaurant with casual day fare and fine dining at night -- kids eat free when with parents!
- Small spa with two treatment rooms, salon, and mani/pedi station
- Well-equipped fitness center with plenty of cardio and weight-lifting machines, dumbbells, yoga balls
- Cap Maison running and hiking club with daily hiking excursions to Cas en Bas beach
- Stately lounge with overstuffed leather chairs, 40-inch flat-screen TV, computer station with free Internet, honor bar
- Small boutique with extensive wine and liquor, high-end souvenirs, and basic provisions
- Two pools: a double-decker main pool and a quieter courtyard pool
- The Cliff at Cap restaurant serves three meals daily (pricey for dinner)
- Bar with 1,500-label wine list and cocktails
- Beachside bar/cafe
- Direct access to a small cove-like beach with towel and lounge chair service
- Free parking and free Wi-Fi
- Private 46-foot luxury motor yacht available for charters
- Weekly entertainment: calypso band on Tuesdays; reggae band on Fridays; a jazz band on Thursdays
- View full list of amenities
Customers Who Viewed Cap Maison Resort & Spa Also Viewed
This Hotel Also Featured In
Things You Should Know About Cap Maison Resort & Spa
AddressSmugglers Cove Dr, Cap Estate, Caribbean
- Courtyard Villa Suite
- Gardenview Room
- Oceanview Junior Suite
- Oceanview Villa with Jacuzzi
- Oceanview Villa with Pool
- Oceanview Villa with Pool & Roof Terrace