- "Roaring Twenties" theme and attractive marble lobby
- Located on the boardwalk and steps from the beach
- A 1920s-themed casino with 2500 slot machines
- Indoor/outdoor pool, fitness center, and spa
- Restaurants, nightclubs, and live entertainment on weekends
- Variety of restaurants including Gallagher's Steakhouse
- Some might find the classic decor staid
- Rooms have tube TVs
- Smoking is allowed in certain areas (pro for some)
- Fees for parking, Wi-Fi, and use of the fitness center
- Entertainment options are limited mid-week
- Late check-in times, especially on Sundays
Resorts Casino Hotel opened as the first casino in Atlantic City in 1978. Located on the boardwalk, this hotel has evolved its original Art Deco theme into a "Roaring Twenties" theme, building on the success of HBO's Boardwalk Empire. Dated rooms are split into two towers: the original Ocean Tower and the newer Rendezvous Tower (which opened in 2004). Rooms lack modern amenities such as duvet covers and flat-screen TVs, but there is an indoor/outdoor pool, and nightlife options -- including ProBar, the city's first gay club -- are solid.
- Fitness Center
This Hotel Also Featured In
Summer is a time for celebration, family bonding, and — most importantly, in our book — travel. But when vacation extravaganzas to far-flung islands and ancient cities don’t fit into the budget, the answer is not to skip vacation: it’s to nearcation! (Yes, we just made a new word. And we think it’s kinda awesome.)…
Summer is (unofficially) here, and tons of travelers will be heading coast to coast to visit some of the most iconic city spots in the country. From the Brooklyn Bridge to the Golden Gate Bridge, from the Santa Monica Pier to the Atlantic City Boardwalk, we’ll give you the dish on our favorite landmarks (and…
The Best Road Trips is a weekly summer series highlighting our favorite getaways from major cities all over the United States. Dubbed the “City of Brotherly Love,” Philadelphia is famous for its rich revolution-era history, its architecture (modern landmark skyscrapers and historic brick buildings sit side-by-side), and its truly fanatic sports fans (the Phillies, Flyers,…
Things You Should Know About Resorts Casino Hotel
Also Known As
- Resorts Casino Hotel Atlantic City
- Ocean Tower Deluxe
- Rendezvous Tower Room
1133 Boardwalk, Atlantic City, New Jersey 08401-7395, United States
1 (800) 334-6378
Oyster Hotel Review
Resorts Casino Hotel
Casino, restaurants, and nightlife on the boardwalk with a "Roaring Twenties" theme
Resorts morphed its original Art Deco theme into a 1920s theme after the success of HBO's Boardwalk Empire. The concept is fun and indulgence, and can be seen everywhere from 25 Hours Casino Lounge, with lively entertainment nightly, to the Divas Do AC revue, to the city's first gay nightclub, ProBar. Servers in flapper outfits delivering cocktails in the casino add to the theme, as does ragtime music playing from outdoor speakers.
Located on Atlantic City’s boardwalk and steps from the beach
Atlantic City is the gambling capital of the East Coast. Resorts was the first casino in Atlantic City and areas of the hotel -- like the Ocean Tower -- hold historical significance. The hotel is on the north side of the four-mile boardwalk, near Steel Pier, which now operates as an amusement park. Within walking distance are a number of casino-hotels like Trump Taj Mahal, Bally’s, Caesar’s Palace, Trump Plaza and Tropicana -- all of which contain shopping and dining choices as well.
- 4-minute drive or 11-minute walk to Absecon Lighthouse
- 5-minute drive to the New Jersey Transit train station and Atlantic City Convention Center
- 5-minute drive or 15-minute walk to the Trump Plaza
- 6-minute drive or 18-minute walk to Boardwalk Hall
- 7-minute drive to Borgata Resort, Casino & Spa
- 8-minute drive to Farley State Marina
- 15-minute drive to Lucy the Elephant
- 17-minute drive to Brigantine Golf Links
- 20-minute drive to Atlantic City Airport
- 29-minute drive to Renault Winery
- 50-minute drive to Long Beach Island
- 52-minute drive to Wildwoods by the Sea
- 57-minute drive to Cape May
- 65-minute drive to Philadelphia
- 130-minute drive to New York City
Classic, though somewhat dated, rooms lack modern amenities
The Rendezvous Tower, completed in 2004, features some of Atlantic City's largest rooms (starting at over 500 square feet). These rooms have large marble bathrooms, double sinks, make-up tables and walk-in showers. Suites are large with a separate dining area and whirlpool tubs. Rooms in the Ocean Tower have older tub showers and lack work desks and chairs. Certain modern amenities such as flat-screen TVs and iPod docks are absent from many rooms.
- Tube TVs is most rooms, but some have flat-screens
- Clock radios
- Cable television and On Demand movies
- Hair dryers
- Wi-Fi available for a daily fee
Casino, indoor/outdoor pool, and nightlife options
- Revamped 1920s theme on casino floor
- Indoor/outdoor pool with retractable roof for all seasons
- The 1350-seat Superstar Theater and 300-seat Screening Room Theater feature a range of entertainment.
- Easy access to the boardwalk and beachfront
- Fee to use on-site spa and fitness center
- Business center with Internet and printing services
- Valet or self-parking for a per visit fee (rather than daily fee)
- 24-hour room service
- View Full List of Amenities
All-Inclusive / Food
Variety of dining options open all week
- A basic buffet at Resorts serves breakfast, lunch, and dinner.
- Gallagher’s Steak House is popular for the original New York Strip Steak while Gallagher’s Burger Bar is a more casual option. Capriccio is an Italian restaurant with wall-painted murals and views of the Atlantic Ocean.
- Eastwind Noodle Bar for Asian dishes,
- Breadsticks Café for soups, salads, and sandwiches.
- There is a coffee shop called Boardwalk Perks and a stand that sells Asian pastries and bubble tea.
- Jimmy Buffett-owned chain Margaritaville serves American
Beauty / Hair Salon
Gameroom / Arcade
Meeting / Conference Rooms
Mini Bar (with liquor)
Rental Car Service Desk Onsite
Separate Bedroom / Living Room Space
Smoking Rooms Available
Disclaimer: This content was accurate at the time the hotel was reviewed. Please check our partner sites when booking to verify that details are still correct.