- One of the few hotels in Austin with decent city and lake views
- Rooms have microwaves and mini-fridges
- Backs up to a greenbelt and Austin’s Town Lake
- Outdoor pool deck overlooking the lake (and freeway)
- Easy access to I-35
- Free airport shuttle
- Segway and kayak rentals on-site
- Good price point for its location
- Traffic noise an issue on the pool deck
- Chain-like decor is nothing special
- Little within easy walking distance
- Housed in two separate buildings dating to the 1960s and 80s; tends to feel dated and dark
- Some complaints of smudged windows and other cleanliness issues
- Some rooms have tube TVs
Oyster Hotel Photos
Oyster Hotel Review
Your average mid-range chain -- but next to a lake, with easy access to I-35
The Holiday Inn Austin Town Lake offers a decent location at a reasonable cost. Those willing to sacrifice a modern atmosphere and contemporary rooms will find there is plenty to justify staying here.
The property's proximity to the Austin Convention Center and its meeting space makes it well suited to business travelers. That being said, the property could stand to receive a major overhaul in the near future, as the facilities lag behind those at other Holiday Inns in the same city. The hotel is housed in two separate towers dating to the 1960s and 1980s.
Just off I-35, on the edge of Town Lake, towards the eastern edge of Austin’s bustling downtown area
The Holiday Inn Austin Town Lake enjoys a solid location for a hotel in its price point. Rooms facing north and west have decent city and lake views. The trail surrounding Town Lake (also known as Lady Bird Lake) can be taken to enjoy some exercise on this popular corridor or used to access downtown Austin and its myriad of entertainment options.
- 15-minute walk or 3-minute drive to Rainey Street entertainment district
- 5-minute drive to Austin Convention Center (or a 20-minute walk)
- 6-minute drive to the 6th Street entertainment district
- 6-minute-drive to Austin City Limits at The Moody Theater
- 8-minute-drive to Texas State Capitol
- 10-minute-drive to LBJ Presidential Library
- 20-minute-drive to Austin Bergstrom International Airport
The rooms, though large, tend to feel somewhat outdated and bland
The rooms have brown and salmon accents, and a wicker-like fabric weave on the headboards, night table, and TV stand. They're not particularly contemporary, unlike at other Holiday Inn properties in Austin, and are showing a little wear (particularly the carpets).
The original building is a hexagonal shape, giving rooms and hallways a quirky shape and feel. The beds are very much 21st century, though, and offer various degrees of firmness to suit different tastes. Room 1407, a King Room, has good views of the city and Town Lake.
- Most rooms are large.
- Bathrooms are small, with shower/tub combos.
- TVs with cable channels (some are tube TVs, some are flat-screens)
- Coffeemakers with free coffee and tea
- Mini-fridges and microwaves
- Open closet in bathroom opposite the sink
Rooms and Rates
A pleasant outdoor pool on a deck overlooking the lake
- Bright, modern fitness room with cardio machines, strength training machines, and free weights
- Outdoor pool on a deck overlooking the lake (and I-35) with lounge chairs and tables, though no umbrellas. Still, it's a feature not offered by many competing hotels.
- Large conference rooms
- On-site laundry facilities
- Media room for watching movies, with popcorn service available
- Lobby mini-mart
- Free and abundant guest parking
- Segway rentals are easily booked in lobby
- View Full List of Amenities
A lobby bar and a casual restaurant serving three meals
Transport to / from Hotel
Rental Car Service Desk Onsite
Supervised Kids Activities
|Things to Do||
|Address||20 North IH-35, Austin, Texas 78701, United States|