- Rooms vary in decor, and some are dowdy and dated
- Some units have outdated blinds that can easily get jammed
- Not walking distance to downtown areas
- No breakfast or restaurants on-site
- No Wi-Fi
Oyster Hotel Photos
Oyster Hotel Review
Families and couples take advantage of beach access and privacy
Condo-style units tend to attract families with small children, and this is no exception. That being said, the complex remains private, and so it may also appeal to couples in search of peace and quiet. The main attraction here is its easy access from Highway 27. Though the large pool, tennis courts, playground, and grill area are draws, most people are here for one reason: easy access to the beach.
Off of the main 27 highway between Amagansett and Montauk
Eastern Long Island is a summer vacation hot spot. This resort is situated on a side street just off the main highway and close to the beach. A car is needed to get around the area, and Montauk’s bustling town is just a 10-minute drive up the road.
Montauk is one of the least built up, most peaceful towns. Located at the very tip of Long Island (and nicknamed "The End"), this little hamlet has 12 miles of exposed, open road surrounded by water on three sides. Many visitors opt for recreational activities such as surfing at Ditch Plains, hiking through the Montauk Mountain Preserve, and playing tennis at Montauk Downs.
- 65-minute drive to Islip Airport
- 10-minute drive to Montauk’s shops and restaurants
- 10-minute drive to Easthampton
- 15-minute drive to Montauk Harbor
- 20-minute drive to Montauk Point
- 30-minute drive to Southampton
Studios, one-, two-, or three-bedroom units available with efficiency or full kitchens
These condo-style units are large in size and vary greatly in decor. Some are more updated than others, so make sure to ask before booking (expect cheap-looking wallpaper, artwork, and furnishings in some). All units have at least one balcony, and some have two. Most first-floor units have a view of the dunes, while second-floor units tend to be more upscale, and will likely have a view of the ocean.
- Efficiency kitchens or full kitchens with appliances
- Sliding glass doors leading to private balconies
- Air conditioners
- Standard shower/tub combos
- Tube TVs and AM/FM clock radios
- Some rooms have flat-screen TVs and DVD players.
Rooms and Rates
Easy beach access, an outdoor pool, and a private setting
|Things to Do||
Located on the Beach
|Address||2166 Montauk Highway, Navajo La. , Amagansett, Long Island 11930, United States|