Oyster Hotel Photos
Oyster Hotel Review
A stylish boutique hotel that's part of the massive Icon Brickell residential development
Two heavyweight developers and $1.3 billion helped make Icon Brickell one of the most important residential projects to hit Miami in recent years. Real estate mogul Jorge Perez and celebrity designer Philippe Starck collaborated to create a stunning complex of three high-rise towers, a two-acre park and pool deck, and a powerful brand image of stylish, sophisticated urban living. The project is part of an ongoing transformation in corporate Downtown and Brickell; new hotels, hot restaurants, and high-design residences are helping to turn these fast-growing areas into destinations in their own right.
The Viceroy Hotel resides in this buzzed-about complex, in a 50-story tower it shares with more than 500 residential units (the two neighboring 57-story towers house an additional 1,276). With the famous name of Playboy-bunny-turned-decorator Kelly Wearstler added to the mix as the hotel's designer, the Viceroy became something of a celebrity brand name tour-de-force. But all that star power doesn't change the fact that this isn't South Beach -- yet. While the Viceroy is an excellent option for stylish business travelers who want to stay near Brickell's corporate offices, the hotel seems geared toward a hip, jetsetting crowd that the neighborhood is only starting to attract.
Located in Brickell, home to corporate offices and expensive condos
The Viceroy is part of a 10-acre residential high-rise complex in Brickell, a fast-growing business and residential district. Valet parking is available for approximately $36/night.
- Walking distance to Brickell's financial district
- 20-minute drive to South Beach
- 15-minute drive to Miami International Airport
- 1-minute drive or 20-minute walk to American Airlines Arena
- 3-minute drive to the Adrienne Arsht Center for Performing Arts
- 6-minute drive to the Wynwod Arts District
- 10-minute drive to Coconut Grove and Coral Gables
Asian-inspired design by Kelly Wearstler; kitchenettes; modern electronics and big marble bathrooms
All rooms include:
- 42-inch flat-screen TVs and iPod docks
- Kitchenettes with stoves, microwaves, sinks, dishes, and coffee machines (fee for each coffee pod used)
- Kelly Wearstler design: Asian-inspired accents, bold colors, antique woods, mirrors, four-poster beds
- Large marble bathrooms
- Free in-room Wi-Fi and wired internet
- Reading lights on the beds
- Neil George toiletries
- In-room safe; minibar; dry cleaning and laundry service
- Viceroy Kings: 440 square feet; glass-enclosed shower
- Viceroy King Deluxe: 588 square feet; deep tub and separate shower
- Viceroy Doubles: 630 square feet; two double beds; deep tub and separate shower
- Junior Suites: 588 square feet; deep tub and separate shower
- One-Bedroom Suite: 784 square feet; deep tup and separate shower
One- and two-bedroom residences with spacious balconies are also available for stays of three days or more.
Rooms and Rates
A beautiful infinity pool, huge luxury spa, and a top-notch fitness center
- 28,000-square-foot spa with Philippe Starck design, 10 treatment rooms, redwood saunas, eucalyptus steam rooms, and a media screening room. Massages, body treatments, and facials are all available.
- Beautiful water lounge with white marble floors, three Jacuzzis, a shallow foot-deep reflecting pool, white furniture (some of it in the pool, a la the Philippe Starck pools at SLS Hotel in Beverly Hills), floor-to-ceiling wooden bookcases with white books, floor-to-ceiling windows overlooking the bay, and a giant yellow chandelier
- 2,500-square-foot fitness center with yoga and Pilates classes, spinning studio, and expert trainers
- Two-acre pool deck with huge infinity pool, bay views, poolside food and drink service from Cafe Icon, a fireplace, and a floor chess board; shared with Icon Brickell Condo residents
A solid Mediterranean restaurant and a rootop pool and lounge
- 15th & Vine Kitchen and Bar: Upscale dining for all three meals in a vibrant space.
- FIFTY Miami Ultra Lounge: This 50th-floor rooftop pool and lounge -- a guests-only hangout by day, and classy club by night -- delivers stellar views and high design. But it's far from the South Beach party scene.
- Cafe Icon: Casual cafe with paninis, coffee, and gelato; poolside service available for guests
|Things to Do||
Located on the Beach
Mini Bar (with liquor)
Separate Bedroom / Living Room Space
|Address||485 Brickell Avenue, Miami, Florida 33131, United States|