Travel Tuesday: What's New?
- PARTY Like a prince. Princess Diana’s younger son Prince Harry partied hard in Vegas last weekend, and he chose some of the top hotel clubs for boozing (and at one, dancing real close with a mystery woman!). [USA Today]
- HATE These airports. CNN published a list of the airports that re-enact your worst travel nightmares. From Paris to New York to Kathmandu, not one continent is free of traveler-hate. [CNN]
- DONATE Your sundries to the troops. All the TSA-rejected toiletries that pile up at McCarran International in Las Vegas will now be donated to the troops passing through. So now when your favorite perfume/hair conditioner/insert your liquid or gel product here gets taken from you, you can feel a little bit better about it. We're glad our troops are going to smell nice. [FOX]
- NAME Your kid after a hotel. We learn this week that Director Ron Howard’s twin daughters have Carlyle as their middle name after the homonymous hotel in NYC, where they were conceived. His daughter and ‘The Help’ star Bryce Dallas Howard thinks that’s “completely gross”. [Hotel Chatter]
- LEARN About America’s favorite meal with George Motz. ‘Made In America’ host confirmed he’s “deep in production” of his new hamburger television show for Travel Channel. No word yet on when it will be aired. [Eater]