Villa D' CittaLincoln Park, Chicago, Illinois
- Two rooms have a shared bathroom
- Far from the city’s top tourist attractions
- No safes in the rooms
- No restaurant
- No iPod docks or CD players
Oyster Hotel Photos
Oyster Hotel Review
A Tuscan-style bed-and-breakfast that mixes classic and modern decor
Opened in 2009 and designed by the acclaimed Burns and Beyerl architect firm, the Villa D' Citta is richly elegant, with hardwood floors, dark wood furniture, and striking modern design touches.
The spacious wood-columned foyer has a dining table with candles, a fireplace, two satin couches, and eclectic wall art (including old maps, a sword, and a colorful contemporary painting of a car).
The communal kitchen is a large open space with stainless steel appliances, wood cabinets, an island with stools, an oven, a microwave, a sink, and dinner sets. Guests aren't allowed to cook a full meal here, but they can store leftovers, or fix snacks such as sandwiches or or hot dogs using the free ingredients.
Adjacent to the kitchen is the family room, with a contemporary white couch, animal print throw, flat-screen TV, fireplace, and arched french doors opening to the patio.
The patio (or grotto) is framed by a brick colonnade, and guests can use the barbecue on warm nights. A wrought-iron spiral staircase leads to the rooftop whirlpool and sun deck.
In residential Lincoln Park, amid restaurants and boutiques
Lincoln Park is a residential neighborhood north of Old Town and directly west of Lake Michigan. There are dozens of restaurants, bars and boutiques in the area, but it is fairly quiet. Lincoln Park is also home to bike and jogging paths along the lake, gardens, public art, some of Chicago’s best beaches, the Lincoln Park Zoo and Conservatory (both of which are free), and the famous Oz Park. But top tourist attractions - like the Loop, Millennium Park and the Magnificent Mile - are roughly a 20- to 25-minute subway ride away. Fortunately, the hotel is two blocks from three subway lines.
- 2-minute walk to Oz Park
- 14-minute walk to Lincoln Park
- 17-minute walk to the Lincoln Park Conservatory
- 20-minute walk to the Old Town
- 25-minute walk to the Lincoln Park Zoo
- 12-minute subway ride to the Water Tower Place
- 20-minute subway ride to the Theatre District
- 22-minute subway ride to the Loop
- 23-minute subway ride to the Millennium Park
- 23-minute subway ride to the John Hancock Observatory
- 24-minute subway ride to the Art Institute of Chicago
- 24-minute subway ride to the Chicago City Hall
- 40-minute subway ride to the Navy Pier
- 7-minute drive or 16-minute subway ride to the Wrigley Field
- 11-minute drive or 37-minute subway ride to the Museum Campus
- 18-minute drive or 50-minute subway ride to the Museum of Science and Industry
- 24-minute drive to Midway International Airport
- 30-minute drive to O’Hare International Airport
Luxurious rooms combine modern elegance with old-world charm; several have fireplaces
Villa D’ Citta has six rooms with very distinct personalities. They are all spacious and luxurious, but color schemes and decorative accents vary. For example, the Florencia Suite features dark wood floors, a contemporary bed with white bedding, and huge photo of the Eiffel Tower, while the Grand Tuscan Suite has a carved four-poster bed with mocha bedding. Several rooms have fireplaces.
- 42- to 52-inch flat-screen TV with cable access and premium channels
- Private bath, except for the Euro Room and the Florencia Suite, which share a bathroom
- Free Wi-Fi
- Shower/tub combo or large standing shower (except in the Grand Tuscan Suite, which has a big soaking tub and separate steam shower)
- Hardwood floors (except in the Milan Suite)
An sun deck with a Jacuzzi
- Outdoor sun deck with Jacuzzi
- Free Wi-Fi
- Theater room
- Concierge available 9 a.m. to 7 p.m. daily
A communal kitchen and a barbecue, but no restaurant
- The villa has a fully-stocked communal kitchen where guests can prepare breakfast, snacks and light fare 24/7 (though they're not allowed to cook full meals.)
- The Grotto Grill is an outdoor space with a gas grill and a barbecue, as well as some chairs and sofas.
Customers Who Viewed Villa D' Citta Also Viewed
This Hotel Also Featured In
Suburbia often gets overlooked, especially by those planning a vacation -- often an adventurous vacation purposely away from the cookie…
Through our many travels we’ve learned that April showers don’t just bring May flowers – they bring delicious May produce…
Finding a quiet boutique in a big city might seem like a challenge, but in reality, some of our most…
Things You Should Know About Villa D' Citta
Address2230 North Halsted Street, Chicago, Illinois 60614, United States
- Euro Room
- Florencia Suite
- Grand Tuscan Suite
- Milan Suite
- Venetian Suite