Oyster Hotel Photos
View All 7 Albums
Oyster Hotel Review
Across the street from the Las Vegas Convention Center (still, a five-minute walk) and a monorail station, so that it's easy to explore the Strip
Situated directly across the street from the Las Vegas Monorail station and the Las Vegas Convention Center, this Residence Inn, like the Courtyard by Marriott next door, is one of a number of hotels that surround the convention center, among them the Renaissance Las Vegas, the Las Vegas Hilton, and the Hilton Grand Vacation Club.
If the heat is bearable, the Wynn hotel (at the northern end of the Strip) and all of its superb high-end shopping and dining are just a 15-minute walk. But in Vegas, most people would splurge on a two-minute, $5 taxi.
- Two-minute walk to the monorail station, which stops at the MGM Grand, Bally's/Paris, Flamingo/Caesars Palace and elsewhere along the Strip. A single-ride ticket is $5; a one-day unlimited pass is $13.
- 10-minute drive to McCarran International Airport
- Free on-site parking
- Five-minute walk to Las Vegas Convention Center
- All rooms are large suites: The studio, the standard room type, starts at about 450 square feet; two-bedroom and penthouse suites start at about 575 square feet.
- Kitchen -- full-size fridge; dishwasher; electric stove -- in every room. Each was renovated in 2012.
- In-room fireplace -- a rare, if odd, treat for Vegas
- Soundproof windows, only in the suites
- All rooms have 32-inch flat-screen TV with premium channels.
- Large desk area
- Comfortable beds
- New carpeting added in 2012
- Free Wi-Fi
Located across the street from the Las Vegas Convention Center (a five-minute walk away), the Residence Inn offers some nice freebies -- including internet service, buffet breakfast, and all-day coffee -- plus each room includes a fully equipped kitchen, each one renovated in 2012. But unless you're cooking at "home," there are better deals elsewhere.
Things You Should Know About Residence Inn Las Vegas Convention Center
- 3225 Paradise Road, Las Vegas, NV 89109
Hotel is Also (or Was Formerly) Known As
- Las Vegas Residence Inn
- Residence Inn Las Vegas
- Penthouse Suite
- Studio Suite
- Two Bedroom Bi-Level Suite