Disney Port Orleans Resort - RiversideDisney World, Orlando, Central Florida
- Beautiful grounds and riverfront scenery
- Some standard rooms can sleep a family of five.
- Large pool complex: waterslide, rope bridges, playground
- Catch-and-release fishing hole
- Extended hours to access the Disney theme parks, among other Disney resort perks
- Free, 20-minute riverboat ride to great bars and restaurants in Downtown Disney
- Free Wi-Fi
Oyster Hotel Photos
Oyster Hotel Review
One of Disney's best hotels for the buck -- good for families; great for budget-minded couples
Port Orleans Riverside paints a lovely picture of old Mississipi -- plantation-style mansions set amid bayous, rustic-looking wooden shacks, and meandering, magnolia-lined paths along the riverside. For its scenic (even romantic) setting, ideal location (near Epcot and the shops, bars, and restaurants of Downtown Disney), huge pool and water park, the Port Orleans Resorts (both the Riverside and the smaller, but nearly identical French Quarter) are some of the best Moderate-category hotels at Disney.
While it might not offer as much tranquility as the Old Key West Resort, relaxation can still be found -- making Port Orleans a popular choice among couples. Smaller, less kid-crowded pools are tucked between buildings. Or, at the fishing hole, for a small fee you get a pole, some worms, and, with any luck, some relaxation.
But as it is one of the more affordable Disney resorts, you will have to make some sacrifices. Its guest rooms, like at most Disney resorts, are a bit older looking than those at the similarly priced Coronado Springs (though the Riverside has a much better location). Service is limited -- guests need to request bell service and room service only covers pizza delivery -- and some of the facilities can feel crowded and chaotic, especially at the food court and at the one on-site dinner restaurant. The French Quarter is about half the size of the Riverside, and it's a bit less bustling, but it also lacks the smaller, quieter pools and a full-service, sit-down restaurant. Between the two, the Riverside is the better deal, especially as some of its standard rooms can sleep a family of five.
Limited services, compared to most Orlando resorts
- Concierge desk. Mainly, the concierge can help guests book an activity or get tickets to an event.
- Free buses (or riverboat) to any Disney resort or theme park
- Limited room service; just pizza during dinner hours
- Extended hours to access the Disney theme parks
- Free shuttle to and from Orlando International Airport; free luggage delivery (one item per person).
On the eastern end of Walt Disney World Resort; a free, five-minute shuttle to Epcot Center
Located in the northeast area of gigantic Walt Disney World, the Port Orleans - Riverside is connected to several Disney properties including Port Orleans French Quarter and Downtown Disney via a free riverboat. The closest theme park is Epcot Center, an eight-minute drive away via a free Disney bus (that runs to all of the various parks and Disney hotels). Any trips outside of Disney World require a car.
- Free bus transportation to Epcot (eight minutes), Animal Kingdom (15 minutes), Hollywood Studios (10 minutes), Downtown Disney (five minutes)
- Free, 20-minute water taxi to Downtown Disney, a strip with shops, bars, and restaurants
- 20-minute drive to International Drive, a 14.5-mile road parallel to Interstate 4 that's chock-full of hotels, strip malls, outlet shops, and restaurants.
- 25-minute drive to SeaWorld and Wet 'n Wild parks
- 40-minute drive to Downtown Orlando; While there's not too much to downtown, there is some notable dining and nightlife on Orange Avenue, and non-theme-park attractions like the Orlando Science Center and the Harry P. Leu Gardens.
- One-and-a-half hour drive to Kennedy Space Center
- Free bus to Orlando International Airport, a 30-minute drive away
Basic, but comfortably sized to sleep a couple or a family of five
Of the 2,048 guest rooms at the Port Orleans Riverside, there are only two basic types: Alligator Bayou and Magnolia Bend. Both are roughly 400 square feet; both are the same price. The difference lies in the style and the sleeping arrangements: Rooms in Alligator Bayou have a more rustic, camping-ground look and feel, but they can sleep a family of five on two double beds and an extra trundle bed; Magnolia Bend's rooms are slightly more refined, colonial-inspired digs (some of which have king-size beds).
- Larger standard rooms than at most other Disney resorts in this price range, a very comfortable 400 square feet
- There's no wall separating the sink and dressing area from the bedroom, though the toilet and shower are closed off.
- Amenities are scarce: just a TV (recently upgraded to flat screen), an empty mini-fridge, and free coffee.
Large pool complex and two on-site dining options -- more than most lower-tier Disney resorts
Among the six pools located on-site, there's the 3.5-acre, Ol' Man Island complex, which includes:
- Large pool with water spouts and rope swings
- Wooded playground
- Old-fashioned fishing hole (catch-and-release policy)
In addition, the hotel also has:
- Riverside Mill Food Court, moderately priced pizzas, salads, and sandwiches for breakfast, lunch, and dinner
- Louisiana-themed Boatwright's Dining Hall (open for dinner only) serves Southern-style entrees.
- River Roost Bar serves beers and Souther-style specialty drinks. It also features live entertainment.
- Free Wi-Fi
- Carriage rides
- Scenic jogging trail
- Large game room (the Medicine Show Arcade)
- Variety of boats at the dock near the Colonel's Cotton Mill building, including pedal boats, canoes, kayaks, motorboats, pontoon boats, and slow, small-engine Sea Raycer boats
- Coin-operated self-service laundry facilities
Customers Who Viewed Disney Port Orleans Resort - Riverside Also Viewed
This Hotel Also Featured In
We can't help but get a little nostalgic when thinking of Disney World; after all, it's where dreams come true…
Things You Should Know About Disney Port Orleans Resort - Riverside
Address1251 Riverside Drive, Lake Buena Vista, Orlando, Central Florida 32830, United States
Also Known As
- Disney Port Orleans Riverside
- Disneys Port Orleans Resort
- Disney's Port Orleans Resort - Riverside
- Disneys Port Orleans Resort Riverside
- Disneys Port Orleans Riverside
- Orlando Port Orleans Resort
- Port Orleans Disney
- Port Orleans Disney Resort
- Port Orleans Resort
- Port Orleans Riverside
- Port Orleans Riverside Resort
- Riverside King Bed Room
- Riverside Standard View Room
- Riverside Water View Room