La TranquilaRiviera Nayarit, Mexico
- On a long, sandy beach adjacent to a Greg Norman golf course
- Beautiful, upscale rooms with high-tech amenities, great views and plunge pools
- All but Tranquila Suites have full kitchens and living rooms
- High-end bathrooms with separate walk-in showers and whirlpools
- Seven striking pools, including a gorgeous infinity pool overlooking the ocean
- Green Bistro serves tasty international cuisine in an attractive space off the lobby
- 9 hot tubs on the beach
- European Meal Plan and All-Inclusive rates available
- Free Wi-Fi and free valet parking
- Small (but modern) fitness center
- Room service is not available 24 hours
- No spa yet (but one under construction)
- Glass-enclosed showers lack privacy
Oyster Hotel PhotosView All 8 Albums
Oyster Hotel Review
A quiet, luxurious oceanfront property adjacent to a Greg Norman golf course
Quiet La Tranquila is located in Litibu, in a gated community shared with a Greg Norman golf course and a few hotels still under construction. Despite the grand entrance, the construction sites around it make it feel a little desolate -- but once inside guests might feel like they've arrived in South Beach. The lobby is huge, with high ceilings and oversized furniture, and the grounds behind the building are as stunning as it gets: Six huge pools crisscross at the center, and a seventh pool has an infinity edge and gorgeous views of the Pacific. The gardens are equally striking, with manicured lawns planted with dozens of palm trees and local plants.
The beautiful rooms are one of the main draws here. They start at 810 square feet and feature contemporary decor and open bathrooms with deep standalone jetted tubs. All rooms have terraces with plunge pools and ocean views.
In a gated community located between exclusive Punta Mita and fun Sayulita
La Tranquila is located in a quiet area known as Litibu, inside a gated community shared with the Greg Norman-designed golf course and a couple of hotels still under construction. The surroundings are not particularly pretty due to the construction sites, but the jungle covers large untouched lots, adding some appeal to the scene. The links are just across the street, and there’s a virgin, mile-long beach behind the hotel with great sunsets.
There’s virtually nothing within walking distance but the golf course, but exclusive Punta Mita is just a 15-minute drive away, and Sayulita, a fun, quaint little town east of Litibu is just about the same distance away.
- 40-minute drive to Puerto Vallarta airport
- Across the road from Litubu Golf Club
- 15-minute drive to Punta Mita
- 15-minute drive to Sayulita
- 28-minute drive to Bucerias
- 25-minute drive to San Pancho
- 35-minute drive to Nuevo Vallarta
- 50-minute drive to Puerto Vallarta
Huge, luxurious rooms with terraces and plunge pools
The rooms are one of the main draws here -- they’re huge (starting at 810 square feet), upscale, and sexy. There are three room types, all equally stunning and well-equipped: Tranquila Suites -- the standard room type; two-bedroom suites, complete with a kitchen and a living room; and the three-bedroom suites, which are the largest. They all have contemporary decor, top-notch amenities, and feature balconies or terraces with ocean views and plunge pools.
- King bed with crisp white linens
- Suites have a king bed in the master room, plus two queens or a queen and two twins in the other rooms.
- Large bathrooms with glass-enclosed showers with double rain showerheads, double sinks, and stand-alone jetted tubs; a smaller second bathroom with a walk-in shower in the multi-room suites
- Suites have fully stocked kitchens with washer/dryers and granite countertops.
- Private terraces or balconies with plunge pools and ocean views
- Flat-screen TVs with DVD players and satellite channels; smaller flat-screen TVs in the bathroom
- Bose sound systems and iPod docks
- Stocked minibars
- Free Wi-Fi
- Large closets
One of the most stunning pool complexes around
La Tranquila is home to seven stunning pools, all but the infinity-edge one crisscrossing in the central area of the resort. It’s arguably one of the most striking pool complexes in the area, and is surrounded by manicured grounds.
The most beautiful of the seven is the infinity-edge pool, which offers ocean views and nine whirlpools lining the beach. However, they’re all lovely, with sunken round lunges in most of them, two areas for water activities, and an adults-only section. Bar service is available, and there’s a snack bar serving food and drinks by the infinity-edge pool.
A small room with a few machines
The fitness center is actually a small room with a dozen machines and a plunge pool. The equipment is modern and there’s a little bit of everything, but those who expect to find a large gym with a wide variety of machines and classes will be disappointed. Still, it gets natural light and offers free use of towels.
Huge suites with up to three bedrooms -- but no amenities for kids
The resort offers large suites with up to three bedrooms and plenty of space for families. All multi-room suites have fully equipped kitchens, dining rooms, living rooms, and terraces with plunge pools (plus loungers or a dining table for four). However, bathroom privacy may be an issue, as the master bedroom bathrooms in suites as well as bathrooms in standard rooms have glass-enclosed showers visible from the room.
Aside from the huge rooms, the hotel offers few other family-friendly amenities, and there is no kids’ club or kiddy pool. Families with older kids can hit the links or enjoy the beach and the activities by the pools.
A solid restaurant open for dinner only, a poolside snack bar, and a lobby bar
- Green Bistro serves tasty Mexican and international cuisine in a trendy space off the lobby; outdoor seating available
- The snack bar is open for breakfast and lunch, and offers food and drinks by the pool and the beach.
- The lobby bar is a quiet place to enjoy a nightcap. The bar also offers free morning coffee and aguas (flavored waters) throughout the day.
- Room service is not 24-hour.
- Multi-room suites have kitchens; private chefs for in-room dining available
Some solid freebies, including Wi-Fi and valet parking
- Taxi and car rental service
- Room service (not 24-hour)
- Free Wi-Fi throughout the hotel
- Free valet parking
- Discounted rates at the adjacent Greg Norman-designed golf course for guests
- Private chefs for in-suite dining
- Free use of beach towels
- Babysitting services (for a fee)
- Welcome cocktail
- Poolside bar service
On a mile-long virgin beach with beautiful sunsets
The hotel was built directly on a virgin beach between Punta Mita and Sayulita. It’s not a postcard-perfect stretch of sand, but it is sandy and quite pretty. Part of it has a slope too steep to place a towel, but the area closest to the lifeguard’s tower is flat and there are a couple of straw umbrellas that provide shade.
The property is adjacent to a Greg Norman-designed golf course.
La Tranquila is located right across the street from a great 18-hole, par 72 golf course. It was designed by Greg Norman and offers beautiful ocean views from the last three runs, as well as putting greens surrounded by virgin jungle and views of Monkey Mountain. Guests get discounted rates when reserving through the concierge.
Customers Who Viewed La Tranquila Also Viewed
This Hotel Also Featured In
As temperatures across the United States continue to drop and snow continues to fall, we here at Oyster can’t help…
From Caribbean beach destinations to bustling metropolitan cities, we found incredible sunsets from our travels around the world. The relaxed…
The Tranquila Suite at La Tranquila; Riviera Nayarit, Mexico 1. FACT OR FAKEOUT? The smallest room at La Tranquila in…
Things You Should Know About La Tranquila
AddressKm 2 Carretera Punta de Mita - Sayulita, Punta de Mita, Riviera Nayarit 63734, Mexico
- Brisa Residence
- Serena Residence
- Serena Suite
- Tranquila Suite