Hotel del CoronadoCoronado, San Diego, California
- Fee for valet parking
- Resort fee (covers Wi-Fi)
- Crowds all year round
- Some rooms are small
Oyster Hotel Photos
- 134 Amenities
- 41 Beach
- 96 Blue Dolphin Suite
- 21 Boardwalk Adult Only Pool
- 38 Full Ocean View Resort Room
- 5 Main Pool
Oyster Hotel Review
A landmark in Coronado
Built in 1888, this massive, red-roofed Victorian building -- a National Historic Landmark -- has become an icon of the Coronado peninsula (or island, as locals prefer to call it). It hosted scores of celebrities in the Hollywood Golden Age -- including Charlie Chaplin, Greta Garbo, Clark Gable, and Jimmy Stewart -- and has been a filming location for multiple movies, including Some Like it Hot. Today, many tourists still take a half-day trip to Coronado exclusively to visit the hotel.
Rooms have chic, modern decor, but some are a bit small for the price. The luxurious cottages and villas of the Beach Village, added to the hotel in 2007, have a similar decor style, plus high-end amenities and extra privileges.
In Coronado, a 10-minute drive to downtown San Diego
The hotel is located on Coronado Peninsula (technically an island), across the bay from Downtown San Diego. A two-mile bridge connects the city to this beachside retreat, which is home to restaurants, cafes, seaside bike paths, two golf courses, and several theaters. Some of the best beaches in Southern California are located here, and San Diego’s bustling nightlife, dining, shopping, and cultural attractions are a short drive away.
- 4-minute drive or 14-minute walk to Coronado Municipal Golf Course
- 12-minute drive to Little Italy
- 12-minute drive to the Gaslamp Quarter
- 12-minute drive to Balboa Park
- 13-minute drive to Wild Animal Park
- 14-minute drive to San Diego Zoo
- 14-minute drive to the San Diego Convention Center
- 14-minute drive to the Museum of Contemporary Art
- 16-minute drive to Riverwalk Golf Club
- 17-minute drive to SeaWorld
- 17-minute drive to San Diego International Airport
- 22-minute drive to Mission Beach
- 30-minute drive to La Jolla
- 45-minute drive to Legoland California
Rooms are small for the price but tastefully decorated in earth tones. More luxurious options are available at Beach Village at The Del.
Most of the rooms are housed in the historic Victorian building, and feature chic decor. They have a tropical feel, with soft yellow walls and white bedspreads with yellow-, green-, and blue-striped throws.
Rooms start at 200 square feet, and some have full ocean views. The higher-end rooms may include separate living areas, balconies, and pull-out sofas.
- 42-inch TVs with cable access (26 channels, including HBO)
- Free Wi-Fi
- Shower/tub combos
- Nintendo Game Cube videogame systems
- 24-hour room service
- Daily newspaper delivery
- Resort, partial ocean, or full ocean views.
Two swimming pools, a fitness center, an expensive spa and numerous boutiques
- Two swimming pools, including a seasonal adults-only pool and a hot tub
- Fitness center
- Yoga and surfing lessons, included in resort charge
- Kids Camp: Activities including crafts and sports for kids 4 to 17 (fees apply)
- Spa offers treatments, Jacuzzis and steam rooms.
- Babysitting services (for a fee)
- Daily fee for valet parking
- Business center has computers, fax machines, copy service, and shipping and postal services.
- Daily resort fee
Fine dining, casual snacks, drinks at an exclusive wine bar, ice cream by the swimming pool...You won't go hungry or thirsty at The Del.
- 1500 Ocean is an acclaimed fine dining restaurant by Chef Robert Hohmann and serves California cuisine.
- Eno Wine Bar serves wine, rare cheeses and chocolate.
- Sunset Bar serves cocktails.
- Sheerwater is a bistro-style restaurant open for breakfast, lunch and dinner.
- Crown Room serves an acclaimed brunch every Sunday.
- Babcock & Story Bar and Bakery serves wines, coffee, tea and cocktails.
- Sun Deck Bar & Grill serves cocktails and grilled entrees; open seasonally.
- MooTime Creamery serves ice cream
- Splash Bar & Deli is a poolside bar serving sandwiches, snacks and tropical drinks; open seasonally (hours vary).
- Boardwalk Cafe serves smoothies and snacks for breakfast and lunch.
- Del Beach Bar has light snacks and tropical drinks; open seasonally.
Customers Who Viewed Hotel del Coronado Also Viewed
This Hotel Also Featured In
Food and Drink
Luxury resorts serve up more than just swanky guest rooms and exceptional customer service -- they are also home to…
La Bottega: This stylish outdoor space is an ideal off-beat spot to wile away the afternoon hours over delicious cocktails…
Things You Should Know About Hotel del Coronado
Address1500 Orange Ave, Coronado, California 92118, United States
- Junior Suite
- Junior Suite Full Oceanfront
- Resort Oceanfront Room
- Resort Oceanfront Suite
- Resort Partial Ocean View Room
- Resort Partial Ocean View Suite
- Resort Room
- Signature Suite
- Victorian Room
- Victorian Suite