Oyster Hotel Photos
View All 9 Albums
Customers Who Viewed L'Auberge Del Mar Also Viewed
Oyster Hotel Review
A classic, elegant hotel next to the beach
L'Auberge Del Mar is a treat for your senses from the moment you step into the lobby. Guests will find comfy sofas and ottomans, a bar open from early in the morning to late night, and stunning views of the Pacific Ocean. When the weather is good (and this is Southern California, so that means most of the time), glass doors to a large terrace remain open, and light pours into the lobby all day.
There are also a number of terraces scattered around the property, all of them with great views of the ocean. However, one of them has an especially outstanding location: right above the lobby, overlooking the beautiful property and the sea.
The award-winning KITCHEN 1540 has a modern decor with an open kitchen and a farm-to-table menu that can be served inside or on the terrace, next to the fire pit.
In beautiful and laid-back Del Mar Village, and right on the beach
L'Auberge Del Mar is located directly on the beach, in picturesque and pocket-size Del Mar Village, home to great restaurants and shops. The vibe here is typical SoCal -- laid-back, relaxed and quiet. Though the small village feeling has been preserved, San Diego’s vibrant nightlife is only a 20-minute drive away, so it’s also a good spot for those looking forward to a night out in town and a day on some of the most beautiful beaches in California.
- 1-minute walk to Del Mar Beach
- 3-minute drive to Del Mar Race Track
- 4-minute drive to Del Mar Country Club
- 9-minute drive to Torrey Pines State Park
- 9-minute drive to Rancho Santa Fe Polo Fields
- 16-minute drive to The Grand Golf Club
- 18-minute drive to Encinitas Ranch Golf Course
- 20-minute drive to San Diego International Airport
- 90-minute drive to Los Angeles International Airport
Homey, luxurious rooms with high-tech amenities -- but no tubs, and the views could be better
L'Auberge Del Mar's 120 spotless rooms have a homey, almost country feel, with green bedspreads, floral pillows, and soft peach walls. Marble bathrooms have large walk-in showers, but only some of the higher-end suites have soaking tubs.
The rooms with a village view face the hotel’s parking lot and get some noise at night, so it's worth upgrading if you're a light sleeper. The only rooms that have ocean views are the Premier Deluxe Rooms -- but they are perpendicular to the sea. This means that while they are not really oceanfront, you will certainly have a good view of the coast as well as the beautiful grounds.
All rooms include:
- Marble bathroom with walk-in shower and no tub (except in certain suites)
- Free wired and Wi-Fi Internet
- 42-inch flat-screen TV
- iPod dock
- Sitting area
- Safe big enough for a laptop
- Jak paks (rain jackets that can turn into tents or sleeping bags)
- Plaza Room: 300 square feet; one king or two double beds. Located on the ground level; views of Del Mar Village or of the resort grounds; some have a private patio or balcony
- Resort Room: 300 square feet; one king or two double beds. Located on the second and third floors; balcony with views of the resort grounds or Del Mar Village; some also have a fireplace
- Deluxe Room: 300 square feet; one king or two double beds. Located on the ground level; patio with garden and courtyard views
- Premier Deluxe Room: 300 square feet; one king or two double beds. Located on the second and third floors; interior balcony or patio with courtyard and partial ocean views; fireplace
- Suite: 500 to 1,200 square feet; partial ocean or Del Mar Village views; some have a fireplace and a separate soaking tub
Two lighted tennis courts, a fitness center and a full-service spa
- Outdoor pool overlooking the ocean and a whirlpool spa and lap pool; cabanas for rent
- Spa L’Auberge: Massages, signature Seaside Sojourn body treatments, facials, manicure, pedicure.
- Concierge usually available daily; 24-hour front desk staff
- Two lighted tennis courts
- Private path to the beach
- Fitness center
- Meeting space: 16,545 square feet of indoor space that can accommodate up to 400 guests; eight outdoor venues (two off-site)—five with ocean views; and six rooms with natural lighting, private terraces and AV equipment.
- Business center
- Valet parking for per day fee. No self-parking available.
- Dogs 15 pounds or less allowed for a one-time fee
- Award-winning signature restaurant KITCHEN 1540 by Executive Scott Thomas Dolbee serving an American farm-to-table menu of seafood, meat, salads and an acclaimed roasted pumpkin risotto. Open for breakfast, brunch, lunch and dinner.
- Coastline has a California-style menu (cured meats, cheeses, oysters, salads, paninis, fish, meat and desserts), and a good selection of wines and cocktails.
- Bleu Bar is located next to the pool and serves a selection of bites from the KITCHEN 1540 menu, like salads, flatbreads, burgers, cocktails and wine.
- 24-hour room service provided by KITCHEN 1540 Tuesday through Saturday; more limited menu available Sunday and Monday
The 120-room L'Auberge Del Mar is one of the top hotels on the Southern California coastline. It's located in beautiful Del Mar Village, right next to the beach, and its farm-to-table restaurant is exceptional. But although rooms are homey and have high-tech amenities, some of the views could be better, and few have tubs.
This Hotel Also Featured In
Things You Should Know About L'Auberge Del Mar
- 1540 Camino Del Mar, Del Mar, CA 92014
- Deluxe Room
- Plaza Room
- Premier Deluxe Room
- Resort Room