Sedona Rouge Hotel and SpaWest Sedona, Sedona, Arizona
- The Safeway grocery next door intrudes on the view from certain rooms
- Tiny balconies
Oyster Hotel Photos
- 71 Alhambra Suite
- 24 Amenities
- 40 Deluxe Sedona Double Queen Room
- 51 Deluxe Sedona King Room
- 11 Pool
- 55 Premier Red Rock Double Queen Room
Oyster Hotel Review
Contemporary building with lush courtyard and a small but inviting pool
The Mediterranean-and-Spanish-themed Rouge was built in 2005, and features a small lobby and spacious courtyard that contains a splashing fountain, red tile floors, and works of art. Reds Restaurant, the hotel’s contemporary bistro lounge and bar, sits on the front of the property beside the courtyard, while the pool, Jacuzzi, and spa are located in the back of the hotel. The pool isn’t large, but it is staffed, so guests can get their ice water refilled while they lounge -- a nice touch. The spa offers a Tranquility Room and a full range of treatments and yoga classes.
Views are nice from the observation deck on top of the hotel, although the adjacent Safeway grocery store parking lot does intrude a bit. But some may consider the nearby store a convenience instead of a mood-killer.
On a busy street in the center of Sedona, next to a Safeway
The Rouge fronts Sedona’s busiest street (Highway 89A) and occupies the middle of town, so you won't get the nature experience offered at other resorts like the Junipine. But the tradeoff is convenience: There is plenty of convenient shopping and dining close by. There’s a Safeway grocery next door, more businesses across the street, and a residential area to the north.
The red rock cliffs are farther from the Rouge than from some other hotels in Sedona, so the views can be ho-hum by comparison, but many hiking trails are within a five-minute drive.
- 2-hour drive from Phoenix Sky Harbor International Airport
- 10-minute drive from Sedona Airport
- 5-minute drive to the Thunder Mountain Trail
- 10-minute drive to Uptown Sedona (a.k.a. Main Street), a stretch of Highway 89A that's lined with shops, restaurants, and art galleries
- 10-minute drive to Tlaquepaque Arts & Crafts Village, a lovely shopping area with cobblestones, a fountain, and art galleries (where you can sometimes watch artists at work)
- 15-minute drive to Boynton Canyon Trail
- 20-minute drive to Slide Rock State Park
- 20-minute drive to Red Rock Crossing
- 20-minute drive to Sedona Golf Resort
The Rouge was built in 2005, and its 77 rooms continue to look clean and contemporary. Red-and-white bedding, curtains, and paint match the Sedona landscape, and dark wood furniture accents the earthy tones. Most rooms have large walk-in showers with two showerheads (one on the wall, and a rain showerhead on the ceiling).
Good views of the red rocks can be had on the 2nd and 3rd floors in north-facing rooms.
- Mini-fridge and coffeemaker
- 32-inch flat-screen TV
- Simmons Super Plush Pillow Top mattress
- Patio or step-out balcony
- The Deluxe Sedona and Deluxe Red Rock Rooms are identical, except for the views.
- The Premier Sedona and Premier Red Rock rooms feature gas fireplaces and vaulted ceilings. They're identical except for the views.
- The Courtyard Suite is a ground-level room with sleeper sofa, king bed, and separate office that offers direct access to the pool.
- The Alhambra and Andalusia Suites are the largest rooms available (at 500 square feet) and each come with two bathrooms and a gas fireplace.
- The Spa Guest Rooms and Spa Guest Suites are located in the spa building and feature soaking tubs in the living rooms. The Spa Guest Suites are larger, with a separate bedroom and large living area.
- Spa with full range of services, including spiritual treatments inspired by Sedona's vortexes, such as Guided Visualization and Quantum Healing
- Small but pleasant pool, Jacuzzi, and big outdoor fireplace; poolside food and drink service available from Reds Restaurant.
- Observation deck with good red rock views and fire pit
- Outdoor wedding area
- View full list of amenities
A popular American restaurant with live music
Reds Restaurant serves upscale American comfort food prepared by Chef Rom Moler for breakfast, lunch, and dinner. It's a lively, popular spot, with live music offered most nights. Reds provides room service and poolside service.
Customers Who Viewed Sedona Rouge Hotel and Spa Also Viewed
This Hotel Also Featured In
Summer is just around the corner, and if a trip to the Grand Canyon is on your bucket list (as…
Things You Should Know About Sedona Rouge Hotel and Spa
Address2250 West Highway 89A, Sedona, Arizona 86336, United States
- Alhambra Suite
- Andalusia Suite
- Courtyard Suite
- Deluxe Red Rock Room
- Deluxe Sedona Room
- Premier Red Rock Room
- Premier Sedona Room
- Spa Guest Room
- Spa Suite