Lumiere HotelMountain Village, Colorado, United States
- Modern, handsome decor
- Outdoor year-round pool and Jacuzzi
- The Little Bar, serving good beer, cocktails, and freshly prepared sushi
- Luxurious rooms, all with kitchenettes or full kitchens
- Some rooms have excellent views, balconies, and/or fireplaces
- Decadent bathrooms with soaking tubs and separate glass showers
- Outdoor patio area with two outdoor fireplaces and intimate seating
- Airport shuttles to Telluride Regional Airport can be arranged with a fee
- Fresh-baked apres-ski cookies, and free in-room snacks upon arrival
- Pet-friendly (though for a low daily fee)
- No full spa, but massages available
- Valet-only parking, for a fee
- Location of check-in area on the fourth floor is confusing
- No air conditioning, and rooms can get overheated in winter
Oyster Hotel Photos
- 116 1 Bedroom, 1.5 Bathroom Residence
- 129 2 Bedroom, 2.5 Bathroom Residence
- 67 Amenities
- 55 Deluxe Guest Room
- 14 Pool
- 23 Restaurants and Bars
Oyster Hotel Review
A boutique, condo-style property with luxurious rooms but underwhelming amenities
From the outside the Lumiere may look like a traditional Colorado retreat, with its dark wood balconies, wide windows and stone exterior. But inside, the rooms are among Telluride's most luxurious, with stylish, contemporary mountain decor (think: dark wood accents, contrasting bold pops of color, tasteful plaid curtains, marble countertops), decadent bathrooms, and kitchenettes or full kitchens.
The rest of the property doesn't quite measure up, which is often the case at a boutique. The pool is tiny, the fitness center small and dark, and the spa nonexistent (though there is a single room for massages.) The check-in area, located on the fourth floor, can be a bit confusing to find upon arrival. But the trade-off, of course, is service: Lumiere Hotel has only 29 rooms, which allows for more personal attention and a more intimate overall experience. Guests can expect thoughtful extras like in-room welcome gifts (such as crackers and brie), fresh apres-ski cookies, and a shuttle from the Telluride Regional Airport.
In Mountain Village, within skiing or walking distance of the gondola to the slopes
The Lumiere sits in the middle of Mountain Village, just off Mountain Village Boulevard, but feels surprisingly secluded despite its central location. Since it sits at a higher elevation than Telluride and not in a canyon, the views are dramatic and endless, especially from the balconies of the condos at the Lumiere. Guests can ski or walk to the gondola that will transport them to the slopes (though more convenient ski-in, ski-out locations can be found at other hotels).
Mountain Village is the sister town to Telluride. A gondola serves as the main transportation between the two towns, as Telluride sits in a canyon a full 800 feet below the ski slopes and Mountain Village. Mountain Village gives guests easier access to the slopes, and is truly a resort-style town catering almost exclusively to tourists. Several different plazas offer shopping, restaurants, bars, and other entertainment.
- 6-hour drive from Denver International Airport
- 20-minute drive from Telluride Regional Airport
- 1-hour-40-minute drive from Montrose Regional Airport
- 8-minute walk or ski to the ski lifts
- 11-minute drive to Telluride Brewing Company
- 20-minute drive (or a gondola ride) to Colorado Avenue and downtown Telluride
The handsome, modern rooms are mostly condo-style units with full kitchens
Lumiere Hotel has a wide range of room types, ranging from 386-square-foot Standard Guest Rooms to the 3,700-square-foot Five-Bedroom Penthouse.
Though 90 percent of the rentals at the Lumiere are condo rentals, all units are held to consistent standards of decor and cleanliness. The condo units have fully equipped kitchens with stainless steel, high-end appliances, but even the Standard and Deluxe Guest Rooms feature kitchenettes with mini-fridges and microwaves. All units are finished with top-of-the-line features, including marble and granite countertops, big soaking tubs, and L’Occitane bath products. The decor is handsome, contemporary mountain style, with wood accents and bold pops of color.
Not all units have balconies, but those that do offer amazing San Juan Rocky Mountain views. Note that nightly turndown service and room service are usually only offered in the high season.
- 90 percent of the rentals are condos, and the rest are traditional hotel room rentals
- Decadent bathrooms with soaking tubs, separate glass showers, and L’Occitane bath products
- Kitchenettes in hotel rooms and fully equipped kitchens with stainless appliances in condo rentals
- Some units have balconies and/or fireplaces
- Turndown service in the winters only, and usually by request
- Free Wi-Fi
A great outdoor patio area with year-round pool and Jacuzzi, and airport transfers from Telluride Regional Airport
The hotel offers a number of thoughtful freebies, including in-room welcome treats (such as brie, crackers and nuts), fresh-baked cookies for apres-ski, and a shuttle from Telluride Regional Airport.
- Outdoor year-round pool (though it's tiny) and Jacuzzi
- Outdoor patio area, with two fireplaces and modern patio furniture
- Great apres-ski goodies, including warm cookies
- On-site ski/snowboard rentals with free fittings
- Ski valet
- Airport transfers to the Telluride Regional Airport can be arranged with a fee
- Fitness center (though it's dark and has limited equipment)
- One massage room, and in-room massages available (but no full spa)
- Pet-friendly, for a low daily fee
- Parking is valet-only, for a daily fee
No full service restaurant on-site, but Little Bar offers guests cocktails and fresh sushi
The aptly dubbed ‘’’Little Bar’’’ is just that -- a warm area with comfy chairs and barstools offering drinks and light meals. There is also a good draft list, wines, and cocktails. A free, hot breakfast is served in the winter, and is included in the nightly rate.
Customers Who Viewed Lumiere Hotel Also Viewed
This Hotel Also Featured In
Things You Should Know About Lumiere Hotel
Address118 Lost Creek Lane, Telluride, Colorado 81435, United States
- Deluxe Guest Room
- Four Bedroom Penthouse
- One Bedroom Residence
- Standard Guest Room
- Studio Suite Luxe
- Three Bedroom Penthouse
- Three Bedroom Residence
- Two Bedroom Penthouse
- Two Bedroom Residence