- Convenient Mountain Village location with ski-in/ski-out access
- Spacious condo and cabin rentals for groups of 2 to 14 people
- Year-round outdoor pool and hot tub offers incredible mountain views
- Cozy, on-site restaurant with a fireplace serves local beers
- Most rooms have kitchens, gas fireplaces, and private balconies
- Small fitness center complete with steamrooms
- Free Wi-Fi and pet friendly (for a fee)
- Beautiful log-cabin style lodge
- Very limited parking on-site
- No spa
Oyster Hotel Photos
Oyster Hotel Review
Beautiful log-cabin style lodge with relaxing restaurant and bar
The Mountain Lodge is a quintessential Colorado mountainside retreat, offering cozy spaces to relax after a day of skiing or hiking. Both exteriors and interiors have the same log cabin styling with exposed logs, two story tall ceilings, and a rock fireplace at the center. Mountain Lodge is different from other condo and cabin rentals in the Telluride area in that all the interior decoration, textiles, furniture, and color schemes are the same between condos -- even though the units are individually owned. The mountain lodge theme sets a relaxing tone, amplified by the View restaurant serving local beers. An apres-ski scene can be found here, by the huge rock fireplace and overstuffed chairs.
Perched above Telluride in Mountain Village, a 20-minute drive from downtown
The Mountain Lodge is located in Mountain Village, perched 800 feet above downtown Telluride near the ski slopes. A gondola serves as the main transportation between the towns. While Mountain Village gives visitors easier access to the slopes and offers ski-in/ski-out access without the use of a gondola, it caters only to tourists and doesn't even have a grocery store. The town is built like a European skiing village with a handful of different plazas packed with restaurants, bars, and other entertainment.
The Mountain Lodge sits in the middle of Mountain Village, on Mountain Village Boulevard, and is surprisingly secluded even though it’s centrally located. Since it sits at a higher elevation than Telluride and not in a canyon, views are dramatic and endless, especially from condo balconies.
- 20-minute drive from Telluride Regional Airport
- 1-hour, 40-minute drive from Montrose Regional Airport
- 6-hour drive from Denver International Airport
- 8-minute walk or ski to the ski lifts
- 11-minute drive to Telluride Brewing Company
- 20-minute drive (or take the gondola) to Colorado Avenue and downtown Telluride
Variety of room types, almost all with full kitchens and a stone fireplace
The Mountain Lodge offers a wide variety of room types, from standard hotel rooms, to condo rentals, to cabin rentals, and lodge rooms (which are really just lock-off rooms to larger units and are under 200 square feet). All of the rentals, except lodge rooms, have a fully equipped kitchen and bathrooms with big tubs. Cabin rentals are great for large groups, as they are fully separated from any other units, start at 2,200 square feet, and can sleep eight to 14 guests. Lodge rooms are the best value, for couples just looking for a room to crash in after a long day skiing, and hotel suites are perfect mid-range rentals, offering separate sitting and sleeping areas, stone fireplaces, and balconies to enjoy the great views.
All the rooms at Mountain Lodge are pet-friendly and all (except the lodge rooms) have a stone fireplace, balconies, leather pull-out sofas, and dining room tables. The patterned bedding was replaced with comfy white linens and dark red blankets. All units feature iPod docks, free Wi-Fi, and flat-screen TVs.
- iPod docks
- Pet-friendly rooms, for a fee
- Bathrooms with granite vanities
- Free Wi-Fi
- All units except lodge rooms have fully equipped kitchens with sinks, fridges, counter space, and dishwashers.
- Balconies and stone fireplaces in all units larger than lodge rooms
Rooms and Rates
Year-round outdoor pool with sweeping mountain views
In addition to the classic lob-cabin style of the Mountain Lodge, there are several more appealing features. A small fitness center, steamrooms, and year-round outdoor pool and hot tub are all perks at this hotel. In the winter season, on-site ski lockers and a gear rental shop are convenient touches.
- Outdoor year-round pool and hot tub with mountain views
- Small fitness center
- Ski storage lockers
- Ski/snowboard rentals on-site from Christy Sports
- Free Wi-Fi
- No real spa, but there is a single massage room
- Some underground parking, but limited and not free
- View full list of amenities
One tavern-style restaurant with good food and good winter nightlife
The one restaurant at the Mountain Lodge is aptly named the View. With staggering 50-foot ceilings and wide windows this full bar is the perfect spot to enjoy the Telluride scenery. Local beers are on tap and the restaurant is usually buzzing with guests, especially in the winter. Menus reflect a somewhat upscale bar scene with burgers, steaks, and a daily pasta special. The View is closed for a month during the shoulder season, usually in late fall before the slopes open for winter.
Transport to / from Hotel
|Things to Do||
Separate Bedroom / Living Room Space
|Address||457 Mountain Village Boulevard, Telluride, Colorado 81435, United States|