- Central location in historic literary heart of London
- Rooms have comfortable beds and flat-screen TVs
- Sleek, modern bathrooms (some wet rooms, others with tubs)
- Popular on-site bar, Number Twelve
- Excellent breakfast and afternoon tea available
- Convenient location walking distance to tube stations
- Free Wi-Fi
- Small, basic fitness center
- Tiny wardrobes
- Some bathrooms have wet room layout, resulting in damp floors
Oyster Hotel Photos
Oyster Hotel Review
Pleasant and modern with a solid restaurant/bar
The Ambassadors Bloomsbury sets a relaxing scene with its clean interior lines and pops of bright color. The lobby has interesting features such as circular accents in the walls, arched windows, and dome-shaped oversize ceiling lamps. While rooms are on the small side, there is plenty of space to lounge in the lobby and the hotel is home to a popular restaurant and bar, Number Twelve. Three meals a day -- and traditional afternoon tea -- are served in the modern space. Beyond the laid back scene, the central location is also a perk for visitors.
Five-minute walk to Euston tube station, in literary-famed Bloomsbury
The neighborhood of Bloomsbury -- which stretches from Euston Road at its north border to Holborn at its southern border -- is most famed for a strong literary heritage. The Bloomsbury Group was an intellectuals' collective that was active throughout the 20th century and included notable members such as Virginia Woolf. Other residents of the area included Sir Arthur Conan Doyle, Charles Darwin, Charles Dickens, Bob Marley, and William Butler Yeats. Bloomsbury also houses a lovely array of garden squares.
The area today is full of a mixture of academics, doctors, tourists, and businessmen. The neighborhood is home to hospitals and esteemed academic institutions such as the London School of Economics. Bloomsbury also conveniently borders Covent Garden and Soho on the south, the West End shopping district to the west, great dining options in Clerkenwell on the east, and national/international rail connections via King's Cross to the north.
- 6-minute walk to the British Museum
- 11-minute tube ride to Green Park station including Mayfair and Buckingham Palace
- 12-minute tube ride to Tottenham Court Road station and Soho
- 13-minute tube ride to Piccadilly Circus station, Piccadilly Circus, and theatre district
- 13-minute tube ride to Farringdon station and the Clerkenwell dining scene
- 13-minute tube ride to Covent Garden
- 15-minute tube ride to Embankment station including Trafalgar Square and the South Bank
- 16-minute tube ride to Bond Street Station and West End shopping districts including Selfridge’s
- 17-minute tube ride to Hyde Park
- 19-minute tube ride to Knightsbridge station and shopping district including Harrod’s
- 19-minute tube ride to Westminster station, Westminster Abbey, Big Ben, Houses of Parliament, and scenic walks along the Thames
- 25-minute tube ride to Notting Hill Gate station, Notting Hill, and Portobello Market
Small but functional with comfy beds, iPod docks, and bright wall art
Rooms at Ambassadors Bloomsbury are more functional than luxurious with sensible wood furnishings and geometric leather chairs, but the patterned throw pillows and colorful wall art keep the look fresh. Room perks include flat-screen TVs, iHome docking stations, free Wi-Fi, and work desks.
- Coffee- and tea-making facilities and filtered water.
- Standard wardrobes are tiny; there's not much room to hang clothing.
- Sleek bathrooms feature floor-to-ceiling opaque glass walls.
- Some bathrooms have a wet room layout, while others have shower/tub combos.
- Deluxe rooms have more wardrobe space and floor space.
Rooms and Rates
A popular bar/restaurant and a basic fitness center
Ambassadors Bloomsbury has many features that might appeal to business travelers. The hotel's entire lower ground floor is devoted to conference rooms in a variety of shapes and sizes. In addition, this hotel features free Wi-Fi, a basic fitness room, and a popular bar/restaurant called Number Twelve.
- Variety of conference spaces available
- Free Wi-Fi
- Basic fitness center
- Number Twelve uses local and seasonal ingredients. It's open during select times for all three meals.
|Things to Do||
|Address||12 Upper Woburn Place, London WC1H 0HX, United Kingdom|
|Phone||440 (207) 693-5400|