Belmond Cadogan HotelKnightsbridge, London, England
- Prestigious Knightsbridge address with great access to shopping
- Edwardian townhouse with rich history, including arrest of Oscar Wilde
- Hotel creates profiles to note guests' personal preferences
- Classy rooms are full of character with antiques and luxe bathrooms
- Touches of technology include big flat-screen TVs and iPod docks
- Lovely restaurant, Langtry's, with white-linen and marble fireplace
- Beautiful historic building including original cast-iron gated elevator
- Small fitness center with cardio machines and free weights
- Some guests consider rooms to be on the small side
- Some complaints of street noise, depending on room
Oyster Hotel Photos
Oyster Hotel Review
Classy, historic building with modern restaurant and bar
The Cadogan is classic and traditional in decor, with flourishes of sensuality to echo its dramatic inhabitants and hushed liaisons. Guests interested in history can stay in the signature suites: the Oscar Wilde suite where the playwright awaited his arrest in 1895, or the Edward VII suite where the king met repeatedly with British actress Lillie Langtry. Beyond the rooms with two-toned velvet headboards and damask-quilted walls, there is more of a scene at the Cadogan. The Cadogan Bar is a cozy spot to grab a stool for a cocktail and the drawing room is available for afternoon tea. This hotel is also home to Langtry's, a white tablecloth, lovely restaurant with a dramatic marble fireplace. The scene here is a sophisticated one, with excellent opportunities to eat and drink in a prestigious Knightsbridge address.
10-minutes from Knightsbridge tube station, in affluent West London
Knightsbridge is primarily an affluent shopping and residential area populated by well-heeled locals, businessmen, and visitors drawn to incredible shopping. The Cadogan is only a 10-minute walk from the Knightsbridge tube station, and even closer to the Sloane Square shopping district and Saatchi Art Gallery. While the hotel is surrounded by appealing restaurant options, the hotel restaurant, Langtry's, is also a popular local choice. Expansive Hyde Park is also only a short stroll away.
- 8-minute walk to Knightsbridge shopping district including designer shops and Harrod’s
- 8-minute walk to Sloane Square shopping district and Saatchi Art Gallery
- 10-minute walk to Hyde Park
- 12-minute walk to the Victoria and Albert Museum
- 15-minute walk to the Natural History Museum
- 15-minute walk to the Science Museum
- 14-minute tube ride to Piccadilly Circus and the theatre district
- 17-minute tube ride to Covent Garden
- 20-minute bus ride to Notting Hill Gate and Portobello Market
- 20-minute tube ride to Westminster Abbey, Big Ben, Houses of Parliament, London Eye, and scenic walks along the Thames
- 22-minute tube ride to Trafalgar Square, National Portrait Gallery, London ICA, Tate Modern, and the Southbank
Both modern and classical, with touches of sensuality
There are 64 total rooms and three signature suites in the Cadogan. Classic decor is respectful of the Edwardian townhouse's history and rooms display hints of sensuality including silk curtains, damask-quilted walls, and crushed velvet headboards. Touches of technology are also present, including big flat-screen TVs and iPod docks. Bathrooms are luxe and some have separate soaking tubs and stall showers. With a variety of room types, each is worth investigating for potential guests to find the right match.
- Deluxe double rooms have a king bed and marble bathroom.
- Executive Deluxe rooms have free Wi-Fi and morning newspaper.
- Deluxe Junior suites have a king size bed, two bathrooms, and lounge area.
- One Bedroom suites have a separate living room.
- The Lillie Langtry signature suite is romantic, feminine, and delicate.
- The Oscar Wilde Suite is where the playwright was arrested; a replica of his famous velvet blazer is in the wardrobe.
- The Edward VII suite is spacious with a black leather headboard and red velvet furnishings.
A restaurant serving classic British cuisine and a cozy bar
The historic Cadogan Hotel has features beyond its rooms that make this an appealing pick. The fitness room with cardio machines and free weights may be small, but is handy. The Cadogan Bar is a cozy place for cocktails, while the drawing room is ideal for afternoon tea. Langtry's Restaurant is the highlight here, serving classic British cuisine with an imaginative touch.
Customers Who Viewed Belmond Cadogan Hotel Also Viewed
This Hotel Also Featured In
As the global community becomes more and more aware of the benefits of a healthy lifestyle (and what can contribute…
Decor and Design
Some hotels are more than just hotels -- they are former castles, royal residences, or Gatsby-esque mansions. Or they opened…
Literary Hotels: Where famous authors have partied, waited arrest, and -- yes -- even written novels
Whether they're on business or leisure, with the family or solo, almost all travelers consider a book (or a Kindle…
Europe's rich history is alive and well at these amazing hotels. Seeming to appear straight out of the history books…
Things You Should Know About Belmond Cadogan Hotel
Address75 Sloane Street, Knightsbridge, London SW1X 9SG, United Kingdom
Also Known As
- Cadogan Hotel
- Deluxe Double
- Deluxe Jr Suite
- Executive Deluxe
- One Bedroom Suite
- Superior Double