Oyster Hotel Photos
View All 6 Albums
Customers Who Viewed Andaz San Diego Also Viewed
Oyster Hotel Review
The Andaz is indisputably hip, from the bright, airy lobby with circular couches and large columns, to the wine bar with pouring stations, to the rooftop lounge. But the hotel's trendiest asset is the exclusive Ivy Nightclub, where celebrities sometimes stop by to party on weekends. The bumping music might make it hard for non-partiers to sleep, though.
In the Gaslamp Quarter, near shopping and Petco Park
The Andaz is located in the hip Gaslamp Quarter, just two blocks from the Horton Plaza shopping and six blocks from the San Diego Convention Center and Petco Park.
The historical Gaslamp Quarter, located between 4th and 6th avenues, and between Broadway to the north and Harbor Drive to the south, is a hip, young neighborhood that's home to some of Downtown San Diego's best restaurants, shopping, nightlife, boutiques, and art galleries. It’s also where some of the city’s most popular outdoor celebrations -- Mardi Gras, St. Patrick’s Day, and the Street Scene music festival -- take place.
- 10-minute walk to Horton Plaza shopping, with over 130 stores
- 12-minute walk to the San Diego Convention Center
- 14-minute walk to Petco Park
- 5-minute drive to Seaport Village
- 8-minute drive to the San Diego Zoo
- 8-minute drive to Balboa Park
- 8-minute drive to the Maritime Museum
- 12-minute drive to the San Diego International Airport
- 13-minute drive to Sea World
The Andaz' luxurious rooms feature wood floors, plush beds with 300-thread-count sheets, soothing, contemporary decor in shades of blue, gray, and white, free snacks and top-notch technology (including 42-inch flat-screen TVs and iPod docks).
All rooms include:
- 42-inch or larger flat-screen TV with on-demand movies
- iPod docks
- Free select snacks and beverages in-room
- Speaker in bathroom
- Free in-room Wi-Fi
- Wood floors
- Keurig coffeemaker and coffee
- VIP nightclub access
- 24-hour room service
- Satellite radio
- Iron and ironing board
- Andaz Queen: 315 square feet; queen bed
- Andaz Double: 385 square feet; double bed
- Andaz King: 385 square feet; king bed
- Andaz Large King: 400 square feet; king bed; peek-a-boo bathrooms with glass-enclosed showers
- Andaz Large Double: 475 square feet; double bed
- Andaz Extra Large King: 475 square feet; king bed
- Andaz Loft: 515 square feet; king bed; sitting area separated by partial wall
- Andaz Extra Large Loft: 680 square feet; king bed; two TVs (42-inch and 50-inch); separate living area
- Andaz Cabana Suite: 750 square feet; king bed; spiral staircase to rooftop pool; private cabana; walk-in shower; separate tubs; sectional sofa; extra half bath; 50-inch flat-screen TV
- Andaz Sweet Suite: 800 square feet; king bed; top floor; 50-inch flat-screen TV; separate living area with sectional sofa; separate tub and shower; dining table for 8
- Andaz Star Suite: 1,275 square feet; king bed; second bedroom with king bunk beds surrounded by plush white carpeting; top floor; two full bathrooms; separate living area with sectional sofa; 50-inch flat-screen TV
The Ivy Wine Bar provides self-serve dispensers, wine flights, and tastings of wine and cheese. Ivy Nightclub is a popular club complete with four floors and go-go dancers, and Ivy Rooftop is a poolside lounge with cabana rentals.
- Quarter Kitchen: Organic and local American cuisine; open for breakfast from 6:30 a.m. to 11 a.m.; lunch 11 a.m. to 2 p.m.; dinner Sunday to Thursday 6 p.m. to 10 p.m.; Friday and Saturday 6 p.m. to 11 p.m.; "Fashionably Early" prix fixe dinner 6 to 7 p.m.; bar open 4:30 p.m. to 12:30 a.m. daily
- Ivy Nightclub: Popular four-story nightclub with go-go dancers, bottle service, and DJs; open Thursday through Saturday 9 p.m. to 2 a.m.
- Ivy Rooftop: Rooftop lounge with poolside cabanas; open 12 p.m. to 12 a.m. Sunday to Wednesday; 12 p.m. to 2 a.m. Thursday to Saturday
- Rooftop pool open 7 a.m. to 7 p.m.
- Ivy Wine bar: Wine stations with tastings, flights, and tours; open Sunday to Wednesday 5 p.m. to 12 a.m.; Thursday to Saturday 5 p.m. to 2 a.m.
- Fitness center: 24-hour rooftop fitness center with elliptical machines, free weights, treadmills, bikes, and individual TV monitors
- Free glass of wine or bottle of water at check-in
- Free Wi-Fi
- 24-hour concierge
- $35 for overnight valet parking
- Free Escalade car service upon request
- Ivy Boutique: Open 9 a.m. to 9 p.m. Monday through Saturday and 10 a.m. to 7 p.m. on Sunday
- Smoking rooms available
This 159-room boutique is one of the hippest hotels in the Gaslamp Quarter, with an exclusive nightclub, a rooftop lounge, and a wine bar. Luxurious rooms come with iPod docks, 42-inch flat-screen TVs, and Keurig coffeemakers, and the hotel provides welcome drinks, in-room snacks, and Wi-Fi for free. Katsuya, a quality Japanese restaurant designed by Philippe Starck, opened in March 2012. But the nightclub can be loud on weekends, so for a quieter night's sleep, consider the nearby Hotel Solamar.
Things You Should Know About Andaz San Diego
- 600 F St, San Diego, CA, 92101, US
- Andaz Cabana Suite
- Andaz Extra Large Loft
- Andaz Extra Large Room
- Andaz Large Room
- Andaz Loft
- Andaz Queen Room
- Andaz Room
- Andaz Star Suite
- Andaz Sweet Suite
- Hyatt Smoking Room
- Hypo-Allergenic Room