- Some units could use updates
- Main elevator is slow
Oyster Hotel Photos
Oyster Hotel Review
Condo hotel with a homey vibe
The lobby is warm and welcoming, with comfy loveseats arranged around a stone fireplace. It is furnished with classic ski lodge decor, which includes an antler chandelier and a sleigh coffee table. The lobby's brick accents, glossy black piano, and patterned area rug add to the charming ambience.
The condo units also include homey touches, such as full kitchens, private balconies, and wood-burning fireplaces. Each unit is decorated differently, due to the influences of the individual owners. Some condos have been recently refurbished, while others could use updates.
Outside, a gorgeous courtyard houses a pool, two Jacuzzis, and barbecue grill. This expansive space is dotted with elegant fountains, bright flowers, towering trees, and modern patio furniture. The hotel also features underground parking and a small fitness center.
In a prime downtown location, near ski lifts
The hotel is right in the middle of downtown Aspen, just a two-minute walk from the main downtown ski lift. Restaurants, bars, and entertainment spots are also within walking distance, and City Market Grocery is across the street. The gorgeous and frequently photographed Maroon Bells Scenic Wilderness Area is a 25-minute drive from the hotel, and other attractions are an even shorter drive away.
As for getting to Aspen, most travelers fly into Aspen Airport directly and forgo the four-hour drive from Denver, but flights are often delayed due to winter weather.
- 11-minute drive to Aspen Airport
- 4-hour drive to Denver International Airport
- 1-minute walk to City Market Grocery for food and supplies
- 2-minute walk to the closest ski lift in downtown Aspen
- 6-minute walk to the closest microbrewery, Aspen Brewing Company
- 20-minute drive to Snowmass Village
- 25-minute drive to Maroon Bells Scenic Wilderness Area
All condos -- from studios to four-bedroom units -- have fully equipped kitchens and wood-burning fireplaces with free wood. They also include balconies with outdoor seating, and some have barbecue grills.
Since all of the units are individually owned, the decor varies. Some feature traditional ski lodge decor, such as wood and leather furniture, large wood armoires, and vintage ski prints. Others look more modern, with understated, contemporary furnishings and high-tech amenities such as iPod docks.
- Fully equipped kitchens with appliances and utensils
- Wood-burning fireplaces with free wood
- Balconies with outdoor seating
- Free Wi-Fi
- Air-conditioning and humidifiers
Rooms and Rates
- Beautiful courtyard with year-round pool, two Jacuzzis, elegant fountains, and lovely landscaping
- Free self-parking, outside and underground
- Free Wi-Fi
- Small fitness center with free weights, cardio equipment, and universal weight machine
- 900-square-foot conference room
- No ski/snowboard rental, but the concierge can call and reserve gear at a local shop
- No spa
- View Full List of Amenities
|Things to Do||
Separate Bedroom / Living Room Space
|Address||617 East Cooper Ave., Aspen, Colorado 81611, United States|