- Great location at base of Aspen Mountain
- Luxury room amenities such as iPads, Blu-ray players, and heated bathroom floors
- Rooms have sophisticated decor and stone fireplaces
- A variety of dining options, including tapas, American, and French cuisine
- Some rooms have mountain views
- Ski-in/ski-out access and first tracks early access privileges
- Ski concierge offering slope-side service, boot warming, and more
- Modern fitness center
- Free Wi-Fi
- Discounted rates for Colorado residents during the off-season
Oyster Hotel Photos
Oyster Hotel Review
This service-minded hotel and residence is elegant, contemporary, and expensive.
This sophisticated, modern property, which underwent extensive renovations in 2009, is both a residence and hotel. The hotel goes above and beyond to provide guests with its self-described "legendary service," and that includes everything from family services such as babysitting and kids' room service menus, to free Audi car loans, to a dedicated ski concierge staff. Even furry friends are catered to, with specialized menus and personalized gifts upon arrival.
But all that special attention comes at a price. The hotel has some of the highest rates in Aspen, and on top of that, guests are required to make a per-night donation to a local environmental organization. The hotel, however, does offer discounts to Colorado residents during the off-season.
Prime location, right off the town's main lifts
One of the Little Nell's biggest assets is its ski-in, ski-out location at the base of the mountain, adjacent to a lift. It even offers free transportation to all four mountains in Aspen and Snowmass. First tracks privileges, which allow guests to access the mountain early, before the lifts open to the public, are also offered.
- 12-minute drive to the Aspen Airport
- 4-hour drive to the Denver Airport
- 7-minute walk to the Aspen Brewing Company
- 5-minute walk to the Wheeler Opera House
- 3-minute drive to Aspen Club & Spa
- 1-minute walk to the closest ski lift in downtown Aspen
- 15-minute drive to Maroon Bells Scenic Wilderness Area
- 23-minute drive to Snowmass
Rooms have sophisticated decor and stone fireplaces
Rooms were redesigned as part of the hotel's 20th anniversary celebration in 2009, and feature modern design in warm earth tones. All rooms have luxurious amenities and up-to-date tech features that are on par with other Aspen hotels in the same price range. Rooms start at a spacious 600 square feet -- much larger than the lowest-level rooms at the Viceroy, though some may prefer the Viceroy's sleek style.
- Stone fireplaces
- Street or mountain views available
- Wood-accented furniture and brown color palette
- Heated marble floors in the bathrooms
- Free iPad loans available
- June Jacobs spa bath products
- 42- or 44-inch flat-screen TVs with Blu-ray players and an on-site movie library
- iPod docks
- Free Wi-Fi or wired Internet
- Some rooms have balconies
- Pets are welcome for a non-refundable fee, plus a daily cleaning fee
Rooms and Rates
Several dining opions and 24-hour room service
The Little Nell has several dining options and four bars. Room service is available 24 hours a day from the hotel kitchen.
- Element 47 serves American cuisine, and has a separate bar area.
- Ajax is a French-American bistro that serves lunch and dinner, as well as cocktails.
- Terrace Bar is a winter-only bar that serves cocktails and tapas.
- The Living Room is a intimate bar area that serves food from the Element 47 menu.
- The Oasis is a champagne and caviar bar that is only open weekends during spring.
Transport to / from Hotel
Supervised Kids Activities
|Things to Do||
Mini Bar (with liquor)
Separate Bedroom / Living Room Space
|Address||675 East Durant Ave, Aspen, Colorado 81611, United States|