- No self-parking, only valet for a fee
- No pool
Oyster Hotel Photos
Oyster Hotel Review
Upscale boutique with funky, Art-Deco-inspired decor
The Hotel Monaco delivers wow factor as soon as you enter the main doors. The lobby is richly decorated with contrasting and, at times, clashing fabrics, prints and textures. Not a single chair or couch in the main sitting area matches, either in shape or textile, and the walls are covered in red-and-pink striped wallpaper and bright green recessed bookshelves. And surprisingly, the contrasting funkiness works. The most impressive feature is the geometric, hand-painted ceiling, which anchors the room's style.
The quirky, Arto-Deco-inspired decor continues into the rooms, which are as rich and over-the-top as the lobby, with large headboards, satiny drapes, dark wood and contrasting prints and textures. The overall feel is fun and welcoming, and the free daily wine hour where guests can mingle furthers that experience.
The buildings in which the hotel is housed have historic origins: the Railway Exchange Building dates to 1917, and the Art Moderne Title Building dates to 1937.
The Hotel Monaco is located in the Central Business District of downtown Denver, just south of the Lower Downtown District (LODO), and within walking distance of many major attractions.
The 16th Street Pedestrian Mall and the Colorado Convention Center are both a short walk away. Other frequented downtown attractions include the Denver Mint, the State Capitol Building, Coors Field, and Denver's renowned microbreweries.
- 30-minute taxi or shuttle from the Denver International Airport
- 5-minute walk to to the 16th Street Pedestrian Mall
- 10-minute walk to the Colorado Convention Center
- 11-minute walk to the closest microbrewery, Great Divide Brewing
- 15-minute walk to the U.S. Denver Mint
- 5-minute drive to the Denver State Capitol
- 6-minute drive to Coors Field
- 7-minute drive to Elitch Gardens Amusement Park, Denver Aquarium, Pepsi Center
- 1-hour drive to closest ski area, Loveland Ski Area
- 1.5-hour drive to Estes Park, gateway to Rocky Mountain National Park
Hotel Monaco's big rooms are dramatic, luxurious, and large -- they start at 375 square feet. Unfortunately the bathrooms were not fully upgraded when the hotel completed renovations in February 2011, and the shower/tub combos have older showerheads and faucets.
- Bold decor includes oversized headboards, wild animal prints, and bright, contrasting colors.
- Frette linens and down comforters
- 37-inch flat-screen TVs
- Bathrooms have granite countertops, modern sinks, and high-end Aveda bath products. But they're a bit small, and shower/tub combos have outdated fixtures.
- Fishbowl with Kimpton signature goldfish in each room (when requested)
- Animal print bathrobes
- Coffee/tea makers in every room
- Fully stocked snack bar and locked minibar
Rooms and Rates
An excellent day spa and free nightly wine hours
One of the most unique features of the Hotel Monaco is the private wine cellar and barrel room, available for private events and located on the lower level of the hotel. With barrels built into the walls and rustic wood furniture, you might think you're in a small villa in Tuscany rather than Denver.
- Veda Spa, a day spa with Aveda products, a Vichy wet room, a salon, and free tea
- Free wine hour every day, and a free coffee and tea bar every morning
- 24-hour fitness center is well-stocked with modern machines that have iPod docks and TV screens
- Valet parking only (with a fee), and a steep discount discount for hybrid vehicles
- Lots of kid-friendly extras: welcome gifts at check-in, cribs and Playards available for loan, in-room child safety kits (with outlet covers, toilet latches, and nightlights), and highchairs and booster seats in the restaurant
- 3,600 square feet of customizable meeting space, including a private wine cellar with catering options for up to 50 people
- No pool
- Pet-friendly; pets of all sizes are allowed for no added fee, and the hotel offers loaner water and food bowls as well as pet spa packages
- Free weekly guided power walks through downtown Denver
A popular Italian restaurant
- Panzano serves northern Italian cuisine for breakfast, lunch, and dinner.
- Free nightly wine hour
Transport to / from Hotel
|Things to Do||
Separate Bedroom / Living Room Space
|Address||1717 Champa St. at 17th, Denver, Colorado 80202, United States|