Capri SouthamptonSouthampton, The Hamptons, Long Island
- Not walking distance to the beach
- Not walking distance to sites in the Hamptons
- No television or telephones
- No mini-fridges
- Noisy until late hours during weekends
- Hotel is only open seasonally from May - September
Oyster Hotel Photos
Oyster Hotel Review
Hip outdoor vibe with sushi, specialty cocktails and music
The Capri Southampton is an older property that received a beach-chic makeover by Meyer Davis Studio. The new owners brought in BLT Steak and Lacoste uniforms for outdoor staff. These brand names attract a certain social crowd -- the kind that drinks champagne and munches on sushi while mingling poolside. Live DJs spin Friday and Saturday nights, while at other times, lounge music plays on outdoor speakers. Gravel paths and landscaping lead to BLT Steak restaurant and an outdoor bar where you can order specialty cocktails. Midweek quiets down for those looking for relaxation.
Located on a busy road within short driving distance from beaches and the town center
A quick drive from the Jitney and train station, the Capri Southampton is located on the outskirts of Southampton. Crossing the busy road can be tricky for pedestrians, so it’s a good idea to have a car. Alternatively, there are taxi services in town.
- 45-minute drive to Islip Airport
- 3-minute drive or 20-minute walk to Southampton’s shops and restaurants
- 8-minute drive to Cooper’s Beach
- 15-minute drive to Easthampton
- 30-minute drive to Montauk
The 24 beach-chic rooms lack televisions, but not iPod docks
Rooms at the Capri Southampton are pretty much identical, except for the type of bed (king or two doubles). The decor is modern beach-chic -- white bedspreads and soothing pastel accents -- with a few nautical touches, and they lack televisions, telephones and mini-fridges. But there are iPod docks, which is telling of the type of guest this hotel is geared toward -- guests who prefer thumping music to relaxing in front of the tube. There are a few lingering issues the renovation didn't solve -- cheap floors and water stains on the bathroom fixtures among them -- and noise is often an issue. All rooms are located on the first floor and lead directly to the grounds that surround the Bathing Club pool area.
- European white linens by Sferra
- Cynthia Rowley Design Studio print above beds
- Sony iPod docks
- Toiletries by Red Flower
- Free San Pellegrino Limonata, Acqua Panna and Perrier
- Updated air conditioner units
- Bathrooms are on the smaller side and have modern sinks, little counter space and tiled shower/tub combo with older fixtures.
Thriving weekend party scene, designer names, and free Wi-Fi
- A large outdoor pool (four-and-a-half-feet deep); the pool area is called "The Bathing Club"
- Outdoor seating areas, fire pits and candles
- When a DJ isn’t spinning on weekend nights, lounge music plays on speakers.
- Outdoor attendants serve specialty cocktails and sushi from Nobu’s pool menu.
- The hotel can make restaurant reservations at the on-site BLT Steak if you opt for the full experience. Celebrities are often spotted here.
- Free local pastries and Keurig coffee in the morning
- Free Wi-Fi and parking
High-end dining from BLT Steak and celebrity sightings
The hotel features a BLT Steak outpost of the popular restaurant with locations around the world.
Customers Who Viewed Capri Southampton Also Viewed
This Hotel Also Featured In
Memorial Day Weekend kicks off in just a few weeks! Hoards of city dwellers and out-of-towners alike will brave traffic…
So Vegas is great and all, but when it comes to bachelor party getaways, it's hardly the only option. Sure…
You guys, it is hot outside. I'm talking seriously steaming. (Has anyone tried to fry an egg on the sidewalk…
The style, sexiness, and glamor of Don Draper and his lifestyle are quickly becoming a mainstay of popular culture. But…
Things You Should Know About Capri Southampton
Address281 County Road, 39A, Route 27, Southampton, Long Island 11968, United States
- Club Double
- Club King