- Two blocks from Phoenicia’s Main Street, lined with restaurants and shops
- Near tubing and hiking
- Simple rooms with hip touches; some have kitchens
- Small pool with loungers, umbrellas, towels, and water
- Great freebies include Wi-Fi, bikes, movie nights, and beer on check-in
- Free breakfast on weekends
- Accessible from New York City via bus
- Office closes after dark
- No TVs (a pro for some!)
- No restaurant on-site
Oyster Hotel Photos
Oyster Hotel Review
A hip but simple hotel great for those looking to relax
This hip former motel is a great find for those looking for something different in a region where cozy B&Bs are the norm. It doesn’t offer a ton of amenities (there’s no restaurant on-site, no TVs in the rooms, and the office is unstaffed after dark), but it has all the basics for a quiet and relaxing stay. Namely: a small pool surrounded by a wooden deck dotted with loungers and umbrellas; a covered area with board games and low music playing through the night; and a large lawn with hammocks, a volleyball net that doubles as the open-air movie theater, and a fire pit.
Rooms are lightly equipped -- with only Tivoli radios with iPod hookups, a large bean bag, nice hotel-brand toiletries, and free Wi-Fi -- and come in varying sizes and layouts (some have kitchens, some don’t; some have two queen beds, others have one king). But they all have simple reclaimed wood furniture and a few hip touches here and there (think: decorations in the form of ropes, mason jars, and dried plants in crates).
The hotel attracts groups and young couples with free beer upon check-in, hipster-friendly decor, a fire pit, a quiet lounge with outdoor seating and low music playing through the night, free loaner bikes, and a convenient location a couple of blocks from Main Street in Phoenicia. But families also seem to enjoy the large lawn where kids can run around, the well-equipped kitchens available in the largest rooms, the family-friendly board games they can borrow, and probably most of all, the small pool with tubes.
Two blocks from Phoenicia's quaint Main Street
The Graham & Co. is located on Road 214, a couple of blocks from Phoenicia’s main drag. There are several solid restaurants and cute stores within walking distance, and the bus stop with service from New York City is a 10-minute walk away through a quiet residential neighborhood. There isn’t much nightlife or action in Phoenicia, but it’s a great little place for a quiet getaway. In the summer, guests can take a dip in the nearby swimming holes, go tubing, or borrow one of the hotel’s bikes and explore the area; in the winter, there’s great skiing in Hunter, Windham and Platekill mountains -- all located within a 20- to 45-minute drive from the hotel -- as well as snow showing, hiking, and other winter sports.
- Two blocks from Main Street, lined with restaurants and antiques and vintage stores
- 7-minute walk to the bus stop with service from New York City
- 20-minute drive from Hunter Mountain
- 25-minute drive to Woodstock
- 35-minute drive to Kingston
- 35-minute drive from Windham Mountain
- 45-minute drive from Platekill Mountain
- 2-hour drive from New York City
Rooms and Rates
Great freebies add value to this hip hotel.
- Free Wi-Fi
- Free beer or bottled water upon check-in
- Free loaner bikes
- Free breakfast on weekends
- Unstaffed office after dark (for late check-ins, the staff leaves the room door open and the key inside)
- Board games in the lounge
- Movie nights are held weekly in the main lawn (seasonal)
- Fire pit with Adirondack chairs
- Free use of pool towels
|Things to Do||
Separate Bedroom / Living Room Space
|Address||80 Route 214 Phoenicia, NY 12464 USA|