- Beautiful beachfront location outside Puerto Morelos
- Couples-only, clothing-optional all-inclusive resort
- Contemporary rooms with flat-screen TVs, iPod docks, and balconies or patios
- Both the pool and the huge whirlpool look out to the ocean
- A total of four restaurants, four bars, and a nightclub
- Small spa with treatments for couples
- Free Wi-Fi
- Can be a little too rowdy for some
- Some rooms are small
Oyster Hotel Photos
Oyster Hotel Review
A clothing-optional, couples-only resort for the open-minded
Steamy nightly entertainment, a clothing-optional policy, and X-rated whirlpool parties make this four-pearl all-inclusive resort a great pick for those looking to have some adults-only fun. Take those three factors out of the equation, and you still have a solid beachfront all-inclusive outside quiet Puerto Morelos.
The Desire is geared towards nudist couples, but can also appeal to open-minded travelers looking for a different Riviera Maya experience. Just note that sexual activities are allowed in the whirlpool area, and that the Sin Room adjacent to the clothing-optional nightclub is where swingers meet after dark.
Rooms are a tad smaller than at other comparable resorts, but they all have furnished balconies or patios and modern amenities, including flat-screen TVs, iPod docks, and free Wi-Fi. Decor is contemporary -- in a white and earth tones palette -- and bathrooms feature walk-in showers and Molton Brown toiletries. The 114 units are housed in several low buildings surrounded by lush greenery dotted with daybeds and the occasional harmless iguana.
Both the pool and the rooftop whirlpool have ocean views, and there is a snack bar offering drinks and food pool and beachside. There are activities by the pool during the day, but at night the action moves to Melange Bar -- located outside the lobby -- and later to the nightclub and its adjacent Sin Room (equipped with round beds and straps for those who want to take part in sexual games with other guests or with their partners).
A short drive from Puerto Morelos, a more subdued area south of Cancun with tranquil beaches and great snorkeling
The Desire is located a 10-minute drive from Puerto Morelos, a calm, secluded area with tranquil beaches. The resort is all-inclusive and is stocked with amenities, but there is nothing within walking distance but for other resorts.
Puerto Morelos is a former fishing village located halfway between Cancun and Playa del Carmen. The area serves as a perfect compromise for anyone looking for Cancun's stunning beaches minus the hordes of tourists. The impressive reefs just offshore attract a fair share of divers, and many come to take a dip in the inland cenotes (massive sinkholes filled with crystal clear groundwater). The laid-back vibe of the area makes it great for spending a day lounging or exploring, and unwinding with dinner at a beachfront restaurant.
- 20-minute drive to Cancun International Airport
- 15-minute drive to Puerto Morelos' shopping, restaurants and reef snorkeling
- 35-minute drive to Playa del Carmen
- 40-minute drive to Xcaret
- 1-hour drive to Xel-Ha
- 1-hour and 15-minute drive to the Mayan ruins at Tulum
- 2-hours and 20-minute drive to Chichen Itza ruins
Small but contemporary and equipped with modern amenities
Rooms at Desire are contemporary and well-equipped, but are smaller than those at most other Riviera Maya resorts. They all have furnished balconies or patios with either ocean or garden views, and spacious bathrooms with walk-in showers and Molton Brown toiletries. While the nightly entertainment is taken indoors well before midnight, there can be some noise coming from guests walking back to their rooms at night, so guests might want to request an ocean view room for a quieter night.
- Flat-screen TVs with satellite channels
- iPod docks
- Molton Brown toiletries
- Free Wi-Fi
- Furnished balconies or patios
- Coffeemakers with free coffee
- Stocked minibars
Rooms and Rates
An international buffet, plus three other restaurants
- El Arrecife, the resort's buffet, is open for breakfast and dinner.
- Il Piacere is open for dinner only and serves Mediterranean fare in a stylish space; casual elegant dress code applies
- Tentazione is a casual spot for lunch and dinner (some days only)
- Suki is a Japanese restaurant serving sushi and other Asian specialties. It is open for dinner only and requires reservations for the Teppanyaki table.
- Melange Bar, located adjacent to the lobby, serves drinks throughout the day, and snacks and cocktails until well into the night. Open 24 hours.
On a gorgeous white-sand beach with turquoise waters
The Desire Resort & Spa Riviera Maya is located on a white-sand beach outside quiet Puerto Morelos. There are several cabanas (ten of them can be reserved for a fee) and loungers that guests can use for free.
A pleasant pool, and a large whirlpool with ocean views
The resort has one beachfront clothing-optional pool surrounded by loungers and cabanas. There is drinks service as well as a snack bar offering a food menu and cocktails under a palapa with ocean views.
The rooftop whirlpool offers expansive ocean views and has a chic lounge with bar service. It opens after breakfast and closes late at night, and is known for its X-rated parties (it is one of the two public spaces where sex is allowed).
Small but well-equipped fitness center
The hotel’s fitness center is a small room with a decent variety of both cardio and strength-training equipment. There is free bottled water and the hotel offers free use of towels to all guests.
The spa offers treatments for two in a quiet space.
Several bars and a clothing-optional nightclub
- Melange Bar serves drinks 24/7 and pizza and sandwiches from after dinner through the early morning. There are nightly themed parties, such as Schoolgirls & Nerds, Champagne & Lingerie, and Bright & Tight.
- Jacuzzi Lounge Bar is a clothing-optional bar located adjacent to the rooftop whirlpool. It is one of the two public areas where guests are allowed to have sex, but guests are only allowed in the area with a partner.
- Tentazione Bar is the poolside bar, and is open during the day.
- Bar service is available at the beach.
- Y Nightclub is clothing-optional and opens after dinner. Adjacent to the dance floor is the dimly lit Sin Room, the other public area where couples are allowed to have sex. There are round beds and a sex swing in the Sin Room, as well as dancing poles in the nightclub.
All meals and drinks, plus a few other perks, including Wi-Fi and access to the fitness center
The all-inclusive rates include all meals, snacks and drinks, plus Wi-Fi, access to the fitness center, and use of the loungers by the pool and on the beach. However, there are fees for use of the business center and for room service.
24-hour room service, free Wi-Fi, and tour operator on-site
Poolside activities during the day and steamy entertainment after dark
The resort offers an extensive entertainment and activities program that starts after breakfast and ends before midnight. There are fitness classes, beach volley games, trivia sessions, horse shoes, fashion shows, and water polo games during the day. At night, the atmosphere becomes steamier, with themed nights, such as Schoolgirls & Nerds, sexy contests and auctions, performances, and DJ sessions. After dinner service, the entertainment is taken indoors, with long nights at the clothing-optional nightclub.
Rental Car Service Desk Onsite
|Things to Do||
Located on the Beach
Mini Bar (with liquor)
Separate Bedroom / Living Room Space
Smoking Rooms Available
|Address||Carretera Cancun-Puerto Morelos Km 27.5 SM 12, Mza 41, Lote 1, Fracc. 2, Puerto Morelos, Riviera Maya 77580, Mexico|
|Also Known As||