Oyster Hotel Photos
View All 7 Albums
Customers Who Viewed The Milestone Hotel Also Viewed
Oyster Hotel Review
Warm, friendly, cozy --and utterly luxurious
Front Desk of The Milestone Hotel
The single most defining factor of The Milestone is its truly exceptional level of service: In the words of the hotel itself, their mission is to deliver service that exceeds guests’ expectations at every opportunity. From the warm, fully competent, and superbly trained staff, to the unparalleled attention to detail, and the abundance of luxury boutique amenities, this hotel’s mission is to serve.
Beautifully themed rooms such as the Matisse Studio, Safari Suite, and the Venetian Suite are simultaneously elegant and creative, incorporating beautiful period furnishings without coming across as too dated. The lounging and dining areas follow suit with rich mahogany wall paneling and comfortable antique furniture -- a style that feels inspired by that of a luxurious English country home.
This is a rare hotel where reality seems to live up to the hype -- with exquisite period design, unparalleled high standards, excellent service, and a great location, it’s no wonder why The Milestone is so renowned.
A seven-minute walk from High Street Kensington tube station, in fashionable Kensington
The Milestone is well situated on the southwest corner of peaceful Hyde Park -- just west of Knightsbridge, south of Notting Hill, and east of Kensington High Street. Kensington is generally a mix of well-off tourists and natives, although the area around High Street Kensington tube station is a bit more affordable and down-to-earth. Proximity to the High Street Kensington tube stop means you’re never far from any central London location, as long as you don’t mind using public transport.
- 30-minute drive to Heathrow Airport
- 2-minute walk to Hyde Park
- 5-minute walk to High Street Kensington shopping district
- 7-minute walk to Kensington Gardens
- 10-minute walk to Royal Albert Hall
- 8-minute tube ride to Notting Hill Gate and Portobello Market
- 13-minute bus ride to Knightsbridge shopping district, including Harrods
- 13-minute tube ride to Sloane square shopping district and Saatchi Gallery
- 19-minute tube ride to Westminster Abbey, Big Ben, Houses of Parliament, London Eye, and scenic walks along the Thames
- 23-minute tube ride to Piccadilly circus and the theatre district
- 24-minute tube ride to Covent Garden and more theatre district
Exquisite and uniquely designed in fresh period-inspired decor
The Deluxe King Room
From a safari-themed suite to military- and Paris-themed studios, each room sports a uniquely creative motif and is furnished with period-inspired decor that doesn’t feel too antiquated.
- Luxurious shower/tub combos with ceiling-mounted rainfall-shower feature
- Flat-screen TVs, DVD players, and Bose iPod docks
- Penhaligon's toiletries
- Plush bathrobes and slippers
- Nicely stocked mini bar, and free mineral water
- Welcome drinks and tour, plus welcome fruit basket and fresh flowers
- Free Wi-Fi
- Personal butler service available
- A guest preference form is filled out in advance to intuit your individual needs and preferences, such as room color scheme, preferred welcome drink, and in-room magazine selection
- Upgrade to a suite for a luxury soap menu, nightly hot water bottles, and floating candles at turndown
A health club with gym and pool, a stables-themed bar, and a handful of places for dining and lounging
Fitness Center at The Milestone Hotel
- The Health Club houses beautiful luxury spa facilities along with a well-equipped fitness center, a functional resistance pool, and a sauna.
- The Map Room is an intimate-function room with a beautiful collection of rare and antique maps
- Chauffeur-driven Bentley available
- Small business center has computer and printer for guests' use, and laptops for rent
- Pet-friendly (for a fee) with special pampered-pet amenities
- Free Wi-Fi throughout the hotel
- View Full List of Amenities
Fine dining at Cheneston's, and afternoon tea in the Park Lounge or The Conservatory
Dining room of the Cheneston's restaurant
- Furnished in rich mahogany paneled walls and a beautiful sculpted ceiling, Cheneston’s derives its name from the early spelling of Kensington, and serves the finest in international cuisine, with an emphasis on modern British food.
- The split-level Stables Bar, decorated with rich green tartan quilting and mahogany-paneled walls, has satellite TV for viewing sporting events and an exclusive list of champagnes and cocktails.
- The Conservatory is a chic lounging area with black-and-white silk and leather furnishings, and black-marble tables.
- Afternoon tea in the Park Lounge or The Conservatory
- Picnic in the Park baskets with extensive selection menu available on request
The Milestone is perhaps the most famous boutique hotel in London, and certainly lives up to its expectations, with exquisitely designed rooms and exceptional service. The service is where the hotel really shines, as each member of staff is superbly trained, which helps ensure guests get the first-rate luxury experience for which The Milestone is known. With ample boutique perks on top of that, and a convenient location for London’s most exclusive shopping, it’s difficult to find something wrong with this hotel -- just expect to pay a high price for all these luxuries.
This Hotel Also Featured In
Things You Should Know About The Milestone Hotel
- Deluxe King Room
- Deluxe Studio
- Deluxe Twin Room
- Junior Suite
- Master Suite
- Superior Double
- The Tudor Grand Master Suite
- Two-Bedroom Apartment