As we approach the end of May, we're reminiscing on the month's top travel news. The past 30 days have brought a whirlwind of information, from the U.S. State Department issuing a travel alert throughout Europe to the laptop ban being put on hold (for now). We also celebrated Mother's Day and the kick-off to summer -- not to mention, the debut of Jesse Brown's book, "The Canadaland Guide to Canada," which launched in time with the country's 150th anniversary. Here are 10 other popular stories you might have missed (or may want to re-read) on Oyster.com this month.
1. Is It Safe to Travel to Europe Right Now?: The U.S. State Department issued a travel alert throughout Europe. Here’s what else you need to know before you book your trip.
2. The 10 Best Budget Hotels Near National Parks: Camping isn’t for everyone.
3. Your Travel Bucket List: The Ultimate Trips to Take Before You Die: How many have you checked off your list?
4. 7 Mistakes You Might Make As a First-Time Cruiser: Consider these seven faux pas and their solutions, and everything will be smooth sailing.
5. Jamaica Excursions: 6 Top Things to Do in Jamaica: Add these adventures to your itinerary.
6. The Top 10 Cities to Visit Around the World and How to Ace Your Trip to Each: Here’s what to expect, where to stay, and how to get around.
7. 9 Weekend Getaways for Your Summer Vacation: Book it now — summer will be over before you know it.
8. 7 Underrated Mediterranean Destinations to Visit on Your Next Trip: You don’t have to follow the crowds and head to Santorini or Saint Tropez to find paradise.
9. 8 Tips to Help You Have the Best Niagara Falls Vacation Ever: You’ll even save a few dollars in the process.
10. Your Perfect Island Vacation: The Best Islands to Visit Around the Globe: Find your paradise.
All products are independently selected by our writers and editors. If you buy something through our links, Oyster may earn an affiliate commission.