- Chic interiors, including the glass-encased fireplace in the lobby
- Huge spa with stunning relaxation room
- Large pool deck with cabanas, fire pit, and great views
- Excellent ski-in/ski-out location
- Kitchens or kitchenettes in all rooms
- Many units offer balconies and washer/dryer combos
- An eco-friendly hotel with LEED Gold Certification
Oyster Hotel Photos
Oyster Hotel Review
A chic and modern resort, with nature-inspired details
Everything from the decor to the architecture at the Viceroy is bright and fresh, enhancing the luxurious feel at this mountain resort.
Taking a cue from its gorgeous surroundings, the Viceroy has incorporated nature-inspired details into the modern decor, such as the decorative tree trunk and room divider made of aspen logs in the lobby and the wood fireplace, slatted ceilings, and split log tables in the Eight K Restaurant and Lounge.
In the bright summer months, the Viceroy still carries the same warm ski lodge feel as it does in the dead of winter, with fireplaces around every corner, soft lighting in the hallways, and earthy color schemes throughout.
This blend of chic and homey decor also pervades the guest rooms, which features modern furnishings, high-tech amenities, fireplaces, and kitchens or kitchenettes with light wood cabinetry. Rooms are a bit on the small side, however, which may make some guests feel more cramped than cozy.
Great ski-in/ski-out location, at the bottom of the Snowmass Village hill.
The Viceroy Snowmass sits a little below the Village Mall, which is the happening spot in Snowmass, and is a six-minute walk away from it. Since the path is steep and uphill, some guests may choose to skip the walk and opt for the free shuttle ride instead.
The hotel offers a great ski-in/ski-out location, which is made apparent by the ski lift running directly over the pool area. No need to walk to the Village Mall for the ride up the lift -- just ski down to the closest lift for service.
Snowmass Village is a small town about nine miles outside Aspen. Snowmass has its own ski area with the most vertical feet of skiing in America, a large seasonal shopping mall (with coffee shops, restaurants and bars), and a shuttle system that runs back and forth to Aspen every 30 minutes until late night. The Village Mall is at the top of the Village, with most lodging and hotels laid out below it, down the hill.
As for getting to Snowmass, most travelers fly into Aspen Airport directly and forgo the four-hour drive from Denver, but flights are often delayed due to winter weather.
- 10-minute drive to Aspen Airport
- 4-hour drive to Denver International Airport
- Ski-in/ski-out location with direct access to Assay Hill Ski Lift
- 3-minute walk to the Elk Camp Gondola
- 6-minute walk to the Village Mall with restaurants, bars and entertainment
- 7-minute walk to the Village Market for grocery and resupply
- 17-minute drive to Aspen
- 35-minute drive to Maroon Bells Scenic Wilderness Area
Chic decor and a practical design blend fashion with function, but space is limited
With square footage on the smaller side for Snowmass and Aspen area hotels, units feature a practical design that makes the most of the limited space. Built-in closets with slatted wood fronts look stylish and provide a decent amount of storage space. Units also offer full kitchens or kitchenettes that include stoves, microwaves, fridges, and utensils. The decor is modern and luxe, with a mix of dark and light wood furnishings, white feather duvets, fireplaces, and flat-screen TVs with DVD players.
Bathrooms are large and luxurious, with granite countertops, full-size Neil George toiletries, and stand-alone, glass tile showers. Some also offer deep soaking tubs. The lighting is a bit dim, however, which makes tasks such as makeup application difficult.
The smallest units are the studios, which are the only rooms that do not offer washer/dryer combos. A unique feature of some studios is the glass wall partitioning the bathroom from the bedroom. While there is a mechanical screen that can be dropped down for more privacy, some guests may feel uncomfortable with the see-through wall.
- Large, luxe bathrooms with granite countertops, glass tile showers, Neil George toiletries, and separate tubs
- Kitchenettes or full kitchens with stovetops, black granite countertops, light wood cabinetry, and stainless steel appliances
- Flat-screen TVs with DVD players and premium channels
- Free Wi-Fi
- Evening turndown service
- Nespresso espresso machines
- Mini-fridges or full-size refrigerators
- Many units feature balconies and washer/dryer combos
Rooms and Rates
Luxurious spa with lots of extras
A large, stunning spa that offers a range of holistic treatments is a major highlight. Encompassing more than 7,000 square feet, the spa features locker rooms with plunge pools and Jacuzzis, six treatment rooms, and a unique relaxation room with curved wood ceiling panels and an antler chandelier. The adjacent fitness center is state-of-the-art, with Technogym cardio and strength-training equipment.
- 7,000-square-foot spa with gorgeous relaxation room, separate locker rooms with plunge pools and Jacuzzis, and six treatment rooms that include a Vichy wet room.
- Technogym fitness center with cardio and strength-training equipment
- Heated saline pool with adjacent fire pit and cabanas
- Free Wi-Fi
- Great ski-in/ski-out location with ski valet service
- Eight meetings rooms, including a ballroom and executive boardroom
- Kids' club with activity programs for children and teens
- Business center with several computers for guest use
- View Full List of Amenities
Sweeping panoramic views and separate private dining rooms are lovely features of the Eight K Restaurant, but the real highlights are the 87-foot glass bar and display kitchen. With a fine dining atmosphere and a seasonal menu, Eight K is a great choice for large groups or couples alike. The restaurant offers drink service at the fireside lounge as well.
Nest contains the Viceroy’s poolside café and bar, offering a great collection of signature cocktails, craft beers and premium wines, along with light, Asian-inspired fare. Nest was designed and decorated by designer Kelly Wearstler, and is quite different from the rest of the Viceroy. Instead of dark moody lighting and wood details, Nest is light and airy, with a beachy atmosphere.
Transport to / from Hotel
Supervised Kids Activities
|Things to Do||
Separate Bedroom / Living Room Space
|Address||130 Wood Road, Snowmass Village, Colorado 81615, United States|
|Phone||1 (970) 923-8000|