- Located on a white-sand beach in the Hotel Zone
- Spacious rooms with modern amenities, double jetted tubs and liquor dispensers
- Wonderful ocean or lagoon views from most rooms
- Rock Spa offers great treatments in a relaxing space by the pool
- Large infinity pool with ocean views and two hopping swim-up bars
- Five restaurants, ranging from buffet to Brazilian and brick oven pizza
- Wonderful kids' club with a kiddy pool and activities
- Free valet, self-parking and Wi-Fi
- Lots of activities: two tennis courts, pool volley, live entertainment
- Can be a little rowdy for families (but is super kid-friendly otherwise)
Oyster Hotel Photos
Oyster Hotel Review
A great all-inclusive resort popular with families, couples and groups
The Hotel Zone is known for its party-oriented hotels, and the Hard Rock Hotel Cancun is one of the best ones for those who want to have some fun in the sun. It is a lively and busy place, with music, free drinks served 24 hours a day, and two popular swim-up bars -- but there are also some quieter areas for those who want to relax in the sun and be pampered.
It is very popular with couples and groups, but the hotel is surprisingly family-friendly, offering a ton of amenities great for kids of all ages, such as a wonderful kids’ club, family rooms, a kiddy pool, a teen-oriented nightclub, and kid-friendly menus at the restaurants.
Everything here has the rock-inspired twist, from the rotunda (which has a guitar shape that can be seen from the higher floors) to the hundreds of memorabilia items displayed throughout the property, to the small guitars embroidered on pillows. Even room service has its own rocker touch: guests can borrow one of the hotel’s Fender guitars and learn the basics with one of the video lessons that can be ordered to be delivered to the room at no extra charge.
Ocean view rooms are the most popular of all the room types offered here, but for killer sunset views guests might want to book a lagoon view unit.
Right on a wonderful sandy beach in the heart of the Hotel Zone -- but far from downtown Cancun and the airport
The Hard Rock Hotel Cancun sits on a stunning white-sand beach with turquoise waters in the heart of the hopping Hotel Zone, close to shops, restaurants and its tourist-oriented nightlife.
Mostly all-inclusive, self-contained resorts make up the Hotel Zone -- as do the area's most popular bars and nightclubs, making this more a "party zone" than a hotel zone. Visitors don't come to this part of Cancun for the sights -- there are none other than the popular beaches and the nightlife. The Hotel Zone is one long stretch of white sand lined with hotels and businesses that cater exclusively to tourists -- the locals live and play in the more culture-rich downtown area (known as Ciudad Cancun), which is a short drive away.
- 20-minute drive to Cancun International Airport
- 20-minute drive to Downtown Cancun
- 30-minute drive to Puerto Morelos, with quiet beaches and great snorkeling spots
- 50-minute drive to Playa del Carmen, with great shopping and a well-heeled crowd
- 1-hour drive to Xcaret
- 1-hour-20-minute drive to Xel-Ha
- 1-hour-35 minute drive to Tulum ruins
- 2-hour-10-minute drive to Coba ruins
- 2-hour-20-minute drive to Chichen Itza ruins
Trendy, attractive rooms with great amenities and views
The Hard Rock features 598 contemporary rooms with attractive, bright decor (think: blue accent walls, large textured headboards in light pink shades, lounge-style lamps, and music-inspired artwork on walls) and great amenities that include flat-screen LCD TVs, iPod docks, free Wi-Fi and double jetted tubs. For great sunset views pick a lagoon view room (Deluxe Gold, Deluxe Family and some Rock Suite Platinum).
There are several room types to choose from, and a few subcategories within each type, depending on views and extra perks. For families, the hotel features several Deluxe Family rooms, which are two Deluxe Gold rooms connected through an in-room door. These rooms feature a ton of kid-friendly perks, including Xbox 360s, L’Oreal kids’ toiletries, beach kits, and games. Diamond level rooms feature a few extras, including upgraded liquor brands in the room, DVD players, aromatherapy and pillow menus, a beach bag, two 25-minute massages at the spa, an espresso machine, a special room service menu, and ocean views.
- Flat-screen TVS with satellite channels
- iPod docks
- Free Wi-Fi
- Double jetted tubs
- Rock Spa toiletries
- Minibars stocked with water, sodas, juices and beer
- Liquor dispensers
- Balconies with either ocean or lagoon rooms
- Coffeemakers with free coffee
- Free purified water
- Four handicap-accessible rooms
- Deluxe Rooms have limited or partially obstructed views (but Deluxe Gold, Platinum, Family and Diamond have great views).
Rooms and Rates
It feels like a party hotel, but the Hard Rock offers a ton of amenities for kids as well.
- Deluxe Family rooms feature two connected Deluxe Gold rooms -- one with a king bed and one with two queens -- as well as plenty of perks for kids, including welcome gifts, Xbox 360 with DVD players, a selection of Xbox games and DVDs, a beach bucket with toys, a special kids’ room service menu, L’Oreal kids’ toiletries, kid-friendly snacks in the minibar, and kid-sized robes and slippers. These rooms all have lagoon views an can sleep up to six guests.
- The Little Big Club offers activities and entertainment for children ages four to 12. There is a kiddy pool with slides, and a dining room where kids can have lunch and dinner. It features a movie theater, several rooms decorated after different cartoon characters -- including Angelina Ballerina, Bob The Builder and Thomas the Tank Engine -- and outdoor spaces.
- The Cavern is the hotel’s teen nightclub, featuring a pool table, a few tables, booths and TV screens.
Five restaurants serving international cuisine
- The Market is the hotel’s buffet, and is open for all three meals.
- Zen is a pan-Asian restaurant open for breakfast (buffet) and dinner (a la carte and teppanyaki).
- Frida serves Mexican food, and features a brick oven for pizzas; open for lunch and dinner
- Ciao is the least casual of all five restaurants, and serves Italian fare for dinner and an international buffet for breakfast.
- Ipanema offers breakfast and snacks during the day, and Brazilian specialties and steaks at night. It turns into the hotel’s popular nightclub after the dinner service.
- Room service is available 24-hours and included in the all-inclusive rate.
- All bars (except Smash Bar, located in the lobby) offer snacks from after breakfast until before dinner.
On a gorgeous white-sand beach with plenty of loungers, and bar service
The hotel’s beach is a stunning stretch of fine, white sand and turquoise waters. There are plenty of loungers and a few cabanas, as well as a beach volleyball court, non-motorized water sports, and bar service.
A large free-form infinity pool overlooking the beach, and two smaller, quieter rooftop plunge pools
The hotel offers a stunning free-form infinity pool overlooking the beach, with tons of loungers, bar service, a couple of whirlpools, and two swim-up bars. The pool is the busiest area in the hotel during the day, but only one side of it has loud music and entertainment. Those who want to relax might want to get a lounger on the southern side of the pool, which also features a swim-up bar, but is somewhat quieter.
For an even more relaxing day, the hotel offers two large round plunge pools on the terraces overlooking the main pool area and the beach. They’re not deep or big enough for swimming laps -- and it’s the first part of the hotel that is covered by the shadow of the building in the afternoon -- but they are great for a dip while sunbathing, and also offer bar service.
Bright and airy fitness center in a detached building adjacent to the tennis courts
The hotel features a nice fitness center with a wide range of machines, both cardio and strength-training. It is housed in a separate building with huge wall-to-wall, floor-to-ceiling windows, located adjacent to the two tennis courts. There is a personal trainer on-site, as well as free weights, flat-screen TVs, free bottled water, free use of towels, and fresh fruit.
The Rock Spa is a relaxing space with several treatment rooms and an outdoor palapa.
The Rock Spa is a relaxing and trendy space with walls painted the color of the Caribbean, and stylish decor in different blue, white and brown hues.
- 16 treatment rooms, plus three cabins for couples (one with a whirlpool)
- Outdoor, air-conditioned palapa with either one of two treatment beds
- Relaxation area with candles and soothing scents
- Posh Salon is the Hard Rock’s signature beauty salon, offering hair and nail services and facials in a stylish room with ocean views.
The hotel has five casual bars, including two-swim up ones.
- Smash Bar is located in the lobby and features pool tables and live music every night.
- Dive, Bunker and Splash bars offer snacks during the day.
- The two swim-up bars feature music and drinks, as well as snacks.
- The amphitheater has bar service during the shows.
- Bar service is available at the pool, the terrace plunge pools and the beach.
- Every room comes with a liquor dispenser and a minibar stocked with water, sodas, juices and beer.
One of the most comprehensive all-inclusive packages around
- All meals, drinks and snacks
- 24-hour room service
- Non-motorized water sports
- All taxes and tips
- All activities and entertainment (except golf and motorized water sports)
- Unlimited long-distance phones to the continental USA, Canada and Mexico
- Free Wi-Fi
- Use of Fender guitars and video lessons
- In-room liquor dispensers
- 30 minutes of free use of the business center
Almost everything is included in the all-inclusive rate
- Free Wi-Fi throughout the property
- 30 minutes of free use of the business center
- Concierge services
- Valet parking
- Laundry and dry cleaning services (for a fee)
- Travel agency desk in the lobby
- 24-hour room service
- Pillow and aromatherapy menus for Deluxe Diamond rooms and Suites
- Nightly turndown service
- Currency exchange
- Separate check-in area for groups
Transport to / from Hotel
Rental Car Service Desk Onsite
Supervised Kids Activities
|Things to Do||
Located on the Beach
Mini Bar (with liquor)
Separate Bedroom / Living Room Space
|Address||Boulevard Kukulcan Km 14.5, Cancun 77500, Mexico|
|Phone||01152 (998) 881-3600|