Aloft New York BrooklynBrooklyn, New York City, New York
- No on-site restaurant
- No room service
- Mini-fridges available only upon request
- Small closets
- Daily fee for parking
Oyster Hotel Photos
Oyster Hotel Review
Trendy and modern, with many of the amenities of a Manhattan hotel -- for a fraction of the price
Opened in early 2011, this hip Downtown Brooklyn property belongs to W Hotels’ younger and cheaper sibling, Aloft. A sleek waterfall greets guests as they enter the hotel, which is filled with edgy, colorful furniture that’s grouped in enclaves, for a feel that is more lounge than lobby. Perfumed with a signature citrus scent and bathed in sunlight -- thanks to a facade featuring double-height floor-to-ceiling windows -- the flowing ground-floor space invites guests to linger a while at the W XYZ bar, the billiard corner surrounded by art, the Re:mix snack cafe, or the dimly lit lounge and business center.
While the hotel has no restaurant -- and no room service -- the adjoining Sheraton Hotel offers prime dining options just a few paces away. The two hotels also share a small rooftop pool and Jacuzzi with retractable roof. It is up here that you’ll find Aloft’s rooftop courtyard with lounge chairs and circular beach-style sofas, and a state-of-the-art fitness center enclosed in glass.
Starting at 285 square feet, rooms at Aloft Brooklyn are larger than the average New York City hotel room -- but still not actually large. However, large windows (two in every room), modern decor, and clever use of frosted glass in the bathrooms help them feel more spacious than they are.
On a quiet side street in Downtown Brooklyn, within walking distance of several subway lines, eclectic restaurants and shops, and the Brooklyn Academy of Music
Located in the up-and-coming Downtown Brooklyn neighborhood, this hotel sits mid-block on a quiet street just a two-minute walk from the nearest subway station. Those looking to enjoy Brooklyn’s local flavor will find shopping and restaurants within easy walking distance on nearby Hoyt and Fulton streets. Also easily accessible: an art museum, botanical garden, several parks, and the borough’s famous Brooklyn Flea Market, just a few subway stops away. A 10-minute walk to the major hub, Atlantic Terminal, provides access to more subway lines for quick trips to virtually all of Manhattan’s famous sites and attractions.
- 60-minute taxi or subway ride to JFK airport
- 50-minute taxi or 80-minute subway ride to LaGuardia airport
- 2-minute walk from the 2 and 3 subway lines; 10-minute walk to the 4, 5, B, Q, D, N, and R subway lines
- 3 subway stops from Manhattan
- 10-minute walk to Brooklyn Museum
- 15 minutes by subway or 25-minute walk to the Brooklyn Bridge
- 15-minute subway ride to Wall Street
- 15-minute subway ride to Battery Park
- 20-minute subway ride to Brooklyn Botanic Garden
- 20-minute subway ride to Prospect Park
- Yellow Cabs are scarcer in Brooklyn. If you need a car, you'll likely have to call a car service. Because these cars are typically unmetered, be sure to get a price quote in advance.
- If you want to take a Yellow Cab back from Manhattan, jump in the car before explaining where you're going. Some drivers are hesitant to drive to Brooklyn, but they are required by law to take passengers anywhere within the five boroughs of New York City.
Bright, modern rooms with up-to-date technology
Completed in early 2011, Aloft’s guest rooms feature all things modern -- eco-friendly wood veneer paneling, large flat-screen plasma televisions, iPod docks, smart phones, laptops, and vibrant touches like local art and colorful accent pillows. Each room includes two large windows, and several upper-story rooms and suites feature terraces with expansive views of Brooklyn with the East River and Manhattan in the distance.
Crisp white bedding, walk-in glass showers, and name-brand bath products provide a sense of luxury often missing from hotels in the same price range.
- Standard Rooms are larger than the average New York City hotel room, but still feel a bit small, ranging from 285 square feet for a Standard King to 315 square feet for a Standard Double. Upgrade to a suite at check-in (suites are not available for online reservations) for more space (551 square feet).
- No mini-bar, but Mr. Coffee coffeemaker and bottled water provided
- Large 42-inch flat-screen TVs
- Bliss bath products
- "Jack packs," to dock audio, video and computer
- Free copies of USA Today newspaper delivered on weekdays
- Retro-style alarm clock
- W XYZ Bar in lobby with nearby billiard table, additional lounge space featuring avant-garde furniture (egg chairs, anyone?), and a business center with two computer stations
- Small pool and Jacuzzi with retractable roof, although it is shared with the adjoining Sheraton Hotel and has limited hours
- Rooftop courtyard with lounge chairs and sofas is short on decor, landscaping, and views.
- A rooftop lounge featuring ultra-hip interiors, a spacious glass-enclosed courtyard, and incredible views of both Brooklyn and Manhattan was opened in autumn 2011.
- Modern fitness center with floor-to-ceiling windows, cardio equipment, and free weights
- Free Wi-Fi in public areas and guest rooms
- Snack cafe with muffins, fruit, coffee, microwave dinners, ice cream, cereal, and more; a microwave is available for guest use
- Gift shop featuring Aloft merchandise, games, medicine and toiletries, champagne, and other treats
- 24-hour valet service (for a fee)
Customers Who Viewed Aloft New York Brooklyn Also Viewed
This Hotel Also Featured In
Starwood’s Aloft brand prides itself on offering modern, fresh, and fun properties, so it’s not much of a surprise that…
Decor and Design
Attention hipsters-at-heart: You too are running out of time to plan your vacation. Okay, so the summer just officially started…
New York City
Pooch lovers, rejoice: The 136th annual Westminster Kennel Club Dog Show is around the corner, airing on February 13 and…
Things You Should Know About Aloft New York Brooklyn
Address216 Duffield Street, Brooklyn, New York 11201, United States
- Aloft Room
- Aloft Terrace Room