Trump SoHo New YorkSoHo, Manhattan, New York City
- Great location in SoHo, near public transportation, wonderful shopping and some attractions
- Uptown luxury in a hip downtown neighborhood
- Sumptuous rooms with floor-to-ceiling windows
- Outstanding spa with great personalized treatments and salon services
- Seasonal outdoor pool with bar service
- Popular Japanese fusion restaurant
- Great views of Hudson River and city from higher floors
- Attentive service
- Expensive daily internet fee
- Some guest rooms don't have bathroom doors
Oyster Hotel Photos
Oyster Hotel Review
A very "uptown" hotelier brings his luxe rooms and attentive service to a much hipper location.
Actually opened by Trump's son, Donald, Jr., and not The Donald himself, it's fitting that this hotel is in a cooler, "younger" neighborhood than the New York real estate projects for which the name Trump is known. Sitting on the western edge of SoHo in downtown Manhattan, the sleek glass Trump SoHo Hotel opened in Spring 2010. The blocks surrounding the glass tower may be a bit of a no man's land, but just a few blocks away is the thriving heart of SoHo, a cobblestoned neighborhood known for its abundance of clothing stores and art galleries.
The lobby, full of clean lines and earthy materials, is at once both striking and imposing: The dim lighting, abundance of wood, and soaring ceilings give the space a dark, masculine feel. The entrance doors soar upwards for almost two stories, dwarfing everyone who enters. Which isn't to say that David Rockwell's design isn't tasteful and sophisticated -- it is. The walnut wood that lines the lobby is seen throughout the hotel, as is beautiful, brown hand-stitched leather and dark stone. On the second floor is a library, designed to be an extension of the lobby, complete with fireplace, couches and armchairs, and colorful Taschen coffee table books.
The plush guest rooms here are really the standout, though, all with floor-to-ceiling windows, gorgeous bathrooms, and top-of-the-line technology. The furniture is by Fendi Casa (the first time the company has outfitted a hotel) and the beds have custom-made Bellino linens.
The hotel clearly aims to become a nightlife destination spot with Koi -- a hip Japanese fusion restaurant with locations in Los Angeles, Las Vegas, New York and Bangkok.
On the western edge of SoHo, a short walk from its shops, galleries, and restaurants.
Once industrial and warehousing districts, then gritty, underutilized areas where starving artists flocked to set up cheap loft and studio spaces, SoHo and TriBeCa have since been transformed into two of New York's premier neighborhoods -- characterized as much by destination shopping (SoHo), luxury loft apartments (TriBeCa), and fine dining (both) as by the well-preserved cast-iron architecture and cobblestoned streets that evoke their industrial past. Though these abutting neighborhoods have lost much of their edge since the days when only the artists appreciated their gritty beauty, both still draw the young, hip, beautiful, and moneyed in droves -- and together they embody New York's haute bohemian downtown shopping and nightlife scene.
Like in many luxury hotels, the rooms here are the stand-out feature. They're all at least 422 square feet, have floor-to-ceiling (many with breathtaking views of Manhattan and the Hudson River), and top-of-the-line technology.
All rooms have:
- King beds with Stearns & Foster Plus Pillowtop Sleep System
- One big console next to the bed that controls everything electronic (lights, air conditioning, TV)
- 42-inch flatscreen TV
- Very spacious bathrooms decorated in gray marble that have a separate shower and tub; some have two sinks and a window that provides a ton of natural light.
- Fully-stocked minibar, wet bar, Nespresso machine, microwave
- The standard Superior Rooms are 422 to 540 square feet and are located on floors 9 through 19.
- Deluxe Guest Rooms also range from 422 to 540 square feet, but they start on the 20th floor, which means better views.
- One-Bedroom Suites are between 682 and 905 square feet and have a separate living room, sometimes with a pullout couch. Bathrooms are larger than in lower room types, and some of these suites have a second guest bathroom. Superior One-Bedroom Suites are those on floor 9 thorugh 19, and Deluxe One-Bedroom Suites are those that start on the 20th floor.
- One-Bedroom Suites can be connected to an adjacent guest room to form a Two-Bedroom Suite that has two full bathrooms. The total square footage ranges from 1117 to 1235 square feet.
- Penthouse Suites are 1281 to 3381 square feet and are on the top three floors of the hotel. They are all two-bedroom, two-bath rooms with stunning views of Manhattan and the Hudson River.
World-class spa and pool deck, plus an impressive amount of meeting space
- The library, with a fireplace and books on art and design, is a great place for drinks or appetizers
- 12,000 square feet of meeting space, more than any other hotel in SoHo
- Outdoor garden area on the ground floor
- Spa and pool deck on its seventh floor that covers 11,000 square feet. The spa has nine treatment rooms and a hammam, and the indoor Bar d'Eau flows out to the pool deck.
- Wi-Fi is available for a daily fee.
- Room service is available 24 hours a day
- 24-hour fitness center
Customers Who Viewed Trump SoHo New York Also Viewed
This Hotel Also Featured In
NYFW is about to begin! Already, we've seen plenty of celebs out and about in the city, and most are…
That Luxe Trump SoHo Condo You Have Your Eye On? It's Probably Going to be a Luxe Hotel Room Very Soon...
It's no secret that residential properties in NYC hotels have been struggling as of late. After all, the penthouse apartment…
Decor and Design
Whether you're traveling on business or avoiding rain-filled cloud, sometimes you're stuck indoors while on vacation with little to do…
If you're the type that's always up-to-date on the latest celeb gossip, or if you have the bucks to travel…
Some people prefer to read a magazine in the restroom, but we'd much rather gaze out over a stunning view…
Lobby at Liberty Hotel; Boston, MA 1. FACT OR FAKEOUT? The Liberty Hotel in Boston was busted last month for…
Things You Should Know About Trump SoHo New York
Address246 Spring Street, New York City, New York 10013 , United States
- Deluxe Guest Room
- One-Bedroom Suite
- Spa Suite
- Superior Guest Room
- Two-Bedroom Suite