Canal HouseCanal Ring, Amsterdam, Netherlands
- Swanky rooms offer more space than most Amsterdam hotels
- Modern room amenities: flat-screen TVs, mini-fridges, and Bose sound systems
- Gorgeous bathrooms have contemporary basin sinks and walk-in showers with chrome rainfall showerheads
- Towel warmers in the bathrooms
- Trendy bar offers a stylish setting to grab a drink or a meal
- Free breakfast buffet available daily
- Upscale Great Room offers board games and books; it also holds different art exhibits and serves snacks throughout the day
- Free Wi-Fi
- Narrow, puzzling staircases can be tricky to navigate
- Decor may feel dark and intimidating to some
Oyster Hotel PhotosView All 7 Albums
Oyster Hotel Review
This swanky boutique hotel is among Amsterdam's most luxurious properties.
Canal House's glamorous decor feels like it could belong in a hip nightclub. The dark lobby combines classic style (such as gilded ceilings) with black walls and purple accents, a style that continues into the nearby bar and lounge -- both of which double as a restaurant space. The hallways, which are somewhat confusing and narrow, feature eclectic artwork and antique pendant lamps, and a nice outdoor garden has trendy lounge seating.
Rooms (the different types include Great, Exceptional, Better, and Best) are similar in decor but different in size and layout. Most have open layouts, and partially open bathrooms. The Best Room, for example, is one continuous space: The bedroom flows into the open bathroom, which flows into a living room -- making it best suited for couples.
In Amsterdam's Canal Ring neighborhood, overlooking a canal
Canal House is located in the Canal Ring neighborhood, so called because it is made up of a ring of canals around the Old City Center. It's one of Amsterdam's most picturesque areas, and is an extremely popular place for visitors to stay. It's full of multiple shops, restaurants, and centuries'-old buildings. The hotel is within walking distance to Anne Frank’s house, the Westermarkt train station, and Madame Tussauds.
Marked by cobblestone roads, street-level canals and an abundance of coffee shops (which are most often known for something other than coffee), Amsterdam is both a quiet and lively city without the pretention of European metropolises.
In the summer, visitors can enjoy live music at the Openluchttheater, an open-air venue at the Vondelpark, or the Roots Music Festival. The Gay Pride parade also takes place in the summer, and the city's many museums -- including the Van Gogh Museum or the Anne Frank House, where Frank and her family hid from the Nazis during World War 2 -- are popular year-round. Visitors in April can experience Queen's Day, which celebrates the queen's birthday and includes a massive flea market, parties, and outdoor concerts.
Noordermarkt is known for its antiques, and Brouwerij de Prael is a recommended stop for beer enthusiasts. Fun dining spots include the famous sandwich spot Van Dobben, as well as Pancake Bakery, which offers more than 70 types of pancakes and a slew of other breakfast goods.
- 30-minute train ride to Amsterdam Airport Schiphol
- 1-minute walk to Amsterdam International Fashion Week B.V
- 3-minute walk to the Anne Frank House
- 3-minute walk to the Amsterdam Tulip Museum
- 4-minute walk to Westermarkt tram station
- 4-minute walk to Canal Cruise Amsterdam
- 4-minute walk to dozens of restaurants, cafes, galleries, and shops
- 9-minute walk to the Royal Palace
- 11-minute walk to Madame Tussauds Wax Museum
- 8-minute tram ride to Dam Square and the National Monument
- 9-minute tram ride to Allard Pierson Museum
- 10-minute tram ride to Amsterdam Historical Museum
- 11-minute tram ride to the Central Train Station
- 15-minute tram ride to Hortus Botanicus botanical gardens
- 16-minute tram ride to Rembrandt House Museum
- 17-minute tram ride to Artis Zoo
- 18-minute tram ride to Rijksmuseum
- 18-minute tram ride to Museum Van Loon
- 22-minute tram ride to the Van Gogh Museum
- 23-minute tram ride to Openbare Bibliotheek Amsterdam
- 26-minute tram ride to Vondelpark and the open-air theater
Customers Who Viewed Canal House Also Viewed
This Hotel Also Featured In
It's that time of year, and we know what you're wondering -- are you on Santa's naughty or nice list…
Ah, springtime! While we celebrate the warmer months all around the globe, they are particularly welcome when they come to…
Things You Should Know About Canal House
AddressKeizersgracht 148, Amsterdam, North Holland Province 1015 CX, The Netherlands
- Best Room
- Better Room
- Exceptional Room
- Good Room
- Great Room